Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Gunwarrior internal muzzle brake reviews please

Once again I do not know how to put something - just try understand what I am trying to say.
    When calibers and case capacity get to a certain point regarding size, volume - there is just not enough to work with - not enough of what we wanting to reduce to be reduce-able.
    Its easy to quieten a party from "phone the cops" to " not so bad".
    Not so easy to quieten a library from " computer hum, murmured conversation" to ??? to what ?
    Recoil - 16/17 Lb recoil is considered step over to harsh recoil, reduce that to 13/14 lb - "wow !!!" what a differance.
    Now take 12 lb recoil and reduce it to 9 lb, can YOU tell the differance, and if so does it feel so much ?.
    The only way to reduce recoil noticeable at the bottom end is by weight, my 204 on a Howa Hogue "PAS" stock has a noticeable sharp reaction to trigger pressure, that same .204 in the laminated varminting heavy stock ? - some of Cody's big pellet guns are livelier.

User

my understanding is that the silencer was bought in a 30cal configuration. It will obviously not deliver to it's full potential if that is the case.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    At the risk of getting pendantic, ballistics are basically divided into 3 sections:
    1. Internal: Everything that happens between primer strike and bullet base exiting the muzzle.
    2. External: The study of the flight of a bullet between muzzle and target.
    3. Terminal: The study of bullet behaviour inside the target (and beyond).
    And to be REALLY pedantic, you also get intermediate or transitional ballistics - the study of the bullet from the time it leaves the muzzle until the pressure behind the bullet is stabilised, so somewhere between internal or external, or something like that.

Saw guys testing it on youtube. They had a flat piece of wood with markings on. Rifle on bipod. Pulled the trigger with a rope. And the rifle will then slide backwards under recoil.
    Then they fitted Silencer. And then Muzzle Brake.

But I dont believe a normal range will let you do this test. As its kind off unsafe to fire the rifle with a rope and let it freely move backwards. Also on Bipod only the muzzle will be pointing at upwards angle so the fallout area will have to be pretty far.

Any case. I still believe if you want a good silencer get a Ase Utra.

I have the SL5 on my 308. Its short/Compact at 100mm. Its super efficient at noise reduction and reduces recoil. I over weekend shot my 222rem which now also has a SL5 on. As I could not put anything on after using an SL5 on my 308. I also fitted an Ase Utra on my 22lr. Its different from SL5 in design as you can open and remove baffles. But I use it on my Mark 4 Target pistol and my Sako 22lr.

A muzzle brake will reduce more recoil then an Supressor/Silencer in any case. But will increase the noise around the rifle as it blows the gasses side ways. So guys on rnage will hate you on bench next to you. I also dont understand the silencers with brakes in front.
    As the silencer reduces the sound. And then the brake again takes what sound is left and deflects side ways. This to me is just confusing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post
    Once again I do not know how to put something - just try understand what I am trying to say.
    When calibers and case capacity get to a certain point regarding size, volume - there is just not enough to work with - not enough of what we wanting to reduce to be reduce-able.
    Its easy to quieten a party from "phone the cops" to " not so bad".
    Not so easy to quieten a library from " computer hum, murmured conversation" to ??? to what ?
    Recoil - 16/17 Lb recoil is considered step over to harsh recoil, reduce that to 13/14 lb - "wow !!!" what a differance.
    Now take 12 lb recoil and reduce it to 9 lb, can YOU tell the differance, and if so does it feel so much ?.
    The only way to reduce recoil noticeable at the bottom end is by weight, my 204 on a Howa Hogue "PAS" stock has a noticeable sharp reaction to trigger pressure, that same .204 in the laminated varminting heavy stock ? - some of Cody's big pellet guns are livelier.
    This is my experience of soft recoiling rifles: the heavier the rifle, "think bull barrel that feels like the weight of a "gwalla"" the less the recoil. I have shot a 260AI that felt and sounded like a suppressed .22LR. It was a thick long barreled rifle with a recoil reaper suppressor. The same with a 204 ruger varminter with the same suppressor... recoil was lighter than my pellet gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2