Default Tikka LSA-55 .308 specs

Hi all,

I am in the process of licensing a Tikka LSA-55 .308 rifle that my dad has passed on to me.

Unfortunately, I am not findinging much info on the rifle. The barrel length I can measure, but I can find any info on the twist...
    My father doesn't know/remember the details, and there seems to be limited info on the web.
    What I have found is that they seem to have a decent short action, and the barrel is Bofors steel.
    Tha LSA in the model number stands for Light, Strong, Accurate, which the rifles seem to be.

The rifle does have the standard 3 round mag, but I would be keen to get another one, or even better a 5 round mag, but it sounds like they are both pretty scarce.

Anyone have more info on these rifles, specifically barrel length and twist rate? Got a feeling it's 1 : 12

Default Re: Tikka LSA-55 .308 specs

If you have a cleaning rod. Put some patches on. So it fits good in barrel. Then make sure cleaning rod can turn.
    One of those swivel handles.

Then push in barrel. And make small mark on it where it starts by barrel also at rear so you will know when it has turned a full 180. Then while pushing check when its made a full revolution. Mark spot and measure distance from where it started to turn till where it finished going all round.
    If its 12 inches. Then barrel 1/12 if 9 then 1/9.

But since its an older rifle in 308 I wanne bet its 1/12

User

Should be a 22” 1:12 twist.

These are fantastic rifles, my brother has my Grandfather’s LSA65 (long action) in .270.
    I won the KZN Pro Am grouping match with it in 1997 with a 6.8mm group.

These were made by Tikkakoski in Finland before the Sako takeover and were every bit as refined as a Sako. They were Sako’s direct competitor. A far cry from the current Tikkas which are now Sako’s budget line.

For info google Ithaca LSA as that is what they were branded in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Should be a 22” 1:12 twist.

These are fantastic rifles, my brother has my Grandfather’s LSA65 (long action) in .270.
    I won the KZN Pro Am grouping match with it in 1997 with a 6.8mm group.

These were made by Tikkakoski in Finland before the Sako takeover and were every bit as refined as a Sako. They were Sako’s direct competitor. A far cry from the current Tikkas which are now Sako’s budget line.

For info google Ithaca LSA as that is what they were branded in the US.

Thanks for the info guys. I was aware of the Ithaca branding in the USA.

So light and fast...
    What would be the recommendation for bullet and powder choice for range use to get used to the rifle?

EDIT
    Also, what would the approx value of the rifle be?

User

No idea of SA pricing, but in NZ in excellent condition they go for around the same price as a new T3 so around $1400-$1500ish