Banned

Default Honest about shooting animals and honest distances - just honest. A guy like me.

I have posted this in two threads, because same vid has two valuable inputs. About the 6.5 Creed and also about long range hunting.
    This guys thinks about the animal likes I do and the caliber weapon etc
    Uses Messor like logic

Banned

Default Re: Honest about shooting animals and honest distances - just honest. A guy like me.

Listen at 09:50 ......
    Thats you - thats me !!!!

User

Default Re: Honest about shooting animals and honest distances - just honest. A guy like me.

I have said my piece about the 6.5 Creedmoor here: http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...ng-Again/page3, and I do not have anything further to say about it.

I basically agree with the old man on extreme range hunting. From personal experience, both my own and hunting with clients, I would say that 500 meters (under perfect conditions) is about as far as I consider ethical. The reason has nothing to do with bullet energy or impact velocity, it is about following up and recovering an animal wounded at that range.

The gentleman mentions retained energy and impact velocity a lot as indicators of how a bullet will perform on an animal. If we take these two factors as being relevant measures as to how ethical our hunting is we should be consequent and also apply them to other forms of hunting. A few examples would be: handgun hunting, hunting with rifles using subsonic ammunition and shooting the smaller antelope with a .22 rimfire rifle.

User

I like the old-timer, it's nice to see someone speaking from pure experience other than google experience.
    Whether that will make a difference to the opinions of others, I doubt that, there is none so blind as those who will not see.

I have been meaning to write an article about this, because some people like this old fellow knows what he is talking about, but often lacks the words to put everything into perspective for others.