Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Glock 43 vs Glock 43X

I know the topic is irrelevant because both are different firearms with different roles (I think) but I want a back up gun, I use to have a Glock 19.4 and wanted to upgrade to 19.5 but after holding a Glock 45 crossover I bought one, it will be my EDC, also I shoot a Glock 34 in competition so that also added to my decision to get the 45 because it has the same handle/grip as the 34....

Now I want a gun to carry when im not really supposed to be carrying, like at weddings or whatever the reason may be.....

6+1 rounds vs 10+1 is my main issue at the moment, I use to conceal a G19 like nothing so is the Glock 43X the way to go os should I go for the extra concealment?

Who owns either of these and what do you think?
    Im not really sure which one to get as a BUG....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Glock 43 vs Glock 43X

If you going to shoot Bug in IDPA I think the 43x is just too "tall" from the dimensions I read.
    I have a 43. More pills are better, If Licencing was not such a hassle in SA I would have a 48 already. If a 48 MOS version ever came out. I would be selling my 43.

I bought the 43 because of concealment it is excels at that even with vickers +2 shoes.
    I'm am not allowed to carry to work. I do without hesitation with the 43.

User

Thanks for the quick response, yes I could see myself shooting BUG in IDPA, although the gout in the elbow from reloading 14 times per stage might kill me
    My main question to you is, is the +2 shoe (vickers) trustworthy enough to save your life?

I think that the answer you want is subjective and answers will differ for varying reasons. I owned a Glock 43 but had to work really hard to shoot it almost as well as, well everything else. Alas I eventually gave up and bought the 43X and the SIG P365. Now these are two of the best of the breed in my honest opinion the G43X has solved the too thin grip of the 43 and a full firing grip is never a bad thing. I carry it appendix and when I want to go for pocket carry the P365 will fit that bill. The only thing I changed on the 43X is that I fitted XS standard dot sights. I just seem to shoot well with them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Thanks for the quick response, yes I could see myself shooting BUG in IDPA, although the gout in the elbow from reloading 14 times per stage might kill me
    My main question to you is, is the +2 shoe (vickers) trustworthy enough to save your life?

Yes, I have shot them a fair amount without any issues.
    I think BigT also gave them the OK vs the other shoes.

I should have also said that the initial mag is the flat stock mag when I need to conceal.

User

I recently bought the glock 43 for same reason you looking. I wanted something for 'deep' conceal.
    I have 19, I can edc that most times most places reasonably well.
    Im only 5.7 and 70kg, it not the easiest though sometimes, hence the 43.
    For me it is the 'heel' of handle that prints most often. I tried the 43x and if you lay it ontop of 19 the 'heel' is almost identical in length. I ended up sacrificing the extra 'pills' knowing I hadn't sacrificed anything on the conceal side of things.
    Also fairly sure you cant use the 43x in bug ?

User

If you have the 45 get the 43. When deep concealment is necessary, smaller is better

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    If you have the 45 get the 43. When deep concealment is necessary, smaller is better
    agreed.
    I had to really fight myself not to go for the 43x but that would have negated the purpose of the exercise, for deep concealment.

User

43x/48 are what most people need for general self defense, if you're going into ninja mode 43/42 all the way.

User

The 43 with the Vickers+2 extension seems like its winning so far, I mean 8+1 stones seem better than 6+1 stones but I guess a BUG has to be a BUG hey? Well at least for me, Im not scared to carry large firearms, I have carried a HK P30L, a Glock 19 and for now a Glock 34....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast