User

Default IPSC and Canik TP9 Elite Combat

Hi Everyone

I have bought myself a 9mm Canik TP9 Elite Combat
    Waiting for Competency (in from 3 April 2019) and then my FA application (it's all ready to be handed in when Competency comes)

So while I wait for the speedy administration from the CFR side I have started gathering info for IPSC shooting

I have joined PERPC in Port Elizabeth and have also arranged with the dealer (who also does IPSC @ PERPC) to take my pistol to the range on comp days.
    My mandatory SAFETY briefing and training session is middle Sept and then I can start taking part.

Ofcourse because I chose the Canik I have to deal with some uncertainty regarding accessories like extra mags, holsters, etc

Both myself and my son (16 years old) will be doing IPSC, with time we will apply for dedicated sport shooter status for both of us.

At this stage I will shoot in the production devision, and I'm not really interested in becoming the SA champ ... for me it's lots of fun with a sprinkle of competitiveness on top

Most of the things I buy will be double up because there's 2 of us ...

At this stage I have started the buying process with 2 x hearing protection and 2 x eye protection and some other small things

But ofcouse theres still lots of other stuff, and I'm more interested in Canik specific equipment that I will need with IPSC

Some advice from Canik and IPSC shooters would be appreciated

I did do some reading here
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...r-IPSC-shooter

Looking at the following Core Components for IPSC purposes
    - Belt
    - Holster
    - Mag Holders x 4
    - Extra Magazines x 2

Research that I've done on Holsters (in basic usage format) is :
    Fobus VPQ and Fobus SP-11 TR

Cost is definately a factor !
    Did a good amount of reading and Youtube, but we all know experience beats youtube every day of the week

Any advice from people with Canik and IPSC experiences welcomed and appreciated

User

Default Re: IPSC and Canik TP9 Elite Combat

Reaper Custom makes an IPSC rig. Phone Elite Firearm Training - I believe Davey uses one, and he'll be able to order you one

User

Get a CR Speed rig build up.

Buy more mags than you think you need.

Buy spares like springs extractors pins etc.

Buy a spare gun as soon as you can.

Listen to people who shoot better than you. Don’t tell them YouTube says they’re wrong.

User

i see its on the list : https://www.ipsc.org/rules/proddiv.php ... thats a good thing.

holster (sadly import) : https://smokymtnconcealment.com/coll...tition-holster

im sure lots of rigs will fit the pistol. Like the one Big T suggests. Its a nice setup.

Sure looks like a nice pistol. I just hope theres local spares available. Its not old enough to see what breaks i guess.

That salient arms barrel and trigger looks damn sweet.

nice place for canik info : https://canikfanatikforum.com/

User

thank you, will do some more reading and learn from the more experienced at the range

User

Neil...you gotta feed it.
    There is lots of advice on this forum RE.reloading equipment.This will become a must.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Neil...you gotta feed it.
    There is lots of advice on this forum RE.reloading equipment.This will become a must.
    Definately agree, to feed it you first have to FINANCE it.
    Will definately go the reloading route, just saving up some money while i wait for my license