Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Long range hunting, ethics and whatnot - Messor

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    It does however make me wonder how much the opposite is also true, meaning how many people fail the shooting test before the hunt on gongs, yet are allowed to hunt because they can make good with money?
    now how do I answer that ? - ?????????????????

Cracking read. thank you Messor

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    It does however make me wonder how much the opposite is also true, meaning how many people fail the shooting test before the hunt on gongs, yet are allowed to hunt because they can make good with money?
    Im sure there are farm owners that could care less, but I’d guess this is the minority

On one farm, the owner insisted on the ‘hunter’ using another rifle to confirm if the issue was with the hunter or his rifle. The hunter ended up hunting with another rifle. In another case, the owner made sure he had his rifle on the animal when the shot went off, in order to kill the animal if the initial shot was poor.

Id say in most cases where I hunted, the owner wanted to make sure the animal was killed quickly; no one wants to spend the rest of the trip looking for a wounded animal. It’s in the owner’s financial interest that everyone gets what they wanted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2