Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CBC Model 122 .22LR Information

Hi guys. So I've stumbled upon a used CBC model 122 as above for 3.5k. Its fitted with a cheap optic which I would change. The rifle seems to be in fair shape and feels solid but I don't have any experience with CBC nor can I find any relative information on the net about their quality or what a good price is on them. Can anyone help me with some information about CBC firearms but particularly of the same model as above? I wanted to buy a SLR .22 but I've decided to rather save a bit more and buy a 223 AR later this year so looking at a second hand .22LR for now. It would be highly appreciated to get any feedback.

Regards
    GB95

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Banned

Default Re: CBC Model 122 .22LR Information

I own one. It is not the best there is, probably barely midrange, but it gets the job done. It is a Remington clone (Google will tell your more) and to the best of my knowledge it can use Remington parts.

Accuracy: I used to get a thumbnail sized hole with almost anything I fed her at 15m - 25m, but that opened up to roughly 20-25mm after I put on a suppressor. It is not the rifle's fault and this job will be redone at some future point. She has an old Weaver K2.5 fitted, and the barrel was cut down to 36cm.

The trigger is heavy and I could not see a way to soften her up. That said, I am no gunsmith.
    The safety sometimes disengages slightly on cocking, and then needs to be pushed back to enable the rifle to fire.
    Fired cases sometimes stick in the chamber. I think it might be due to a dirty chamber, rather than a fault on the rifle.

I am pretty sure that, for 3.5K, you should be able to find something better if you take some time.

On the other hand, I am fairly happy with mine. Once sorted out she should be a sweet little shooter.

Edit: it is a short rifle, barely one meter long after the barrel was chopped. Also light enough for my son (6) to handle.

Wife and kids love the little rifle.

User

Yeah I wouldn't pay R3.5k for it. You'll usually find rifles like those around the R2k mark, sometimes even cheaper, depending on condition. Nothing wrong with them, but I don't think it's worth R3.5k second hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    I own one. It is not the best there is, probably barely midrange, but it gets the job done. It is a Remington clone (Google will tell your more) and to the best of my knowledge it can use Remington parts.

Accuracy: I used to get a thumbnail sized hole with almost anything I fed her at 15m - 25m, but that opened up to roughly 20-25mm after I put on a suppressor. It is not the rifle's fault and this job will be redone at some future point. She has an old Weaver K2.5 fitted, and the barrel was cut down to 36cm.

The trigger is heavy and I could not see a way to soften her up. That said, I am no gunsmith.
    The safety sometimes disengages slightly on cocking, and then needs to be pushed back to enable the rifle to fire.
    Fired cases sometimes stick in the chamber. I think it might be due to a dirty chamber, rather than a fault on the rifle.

I am pretty sure that, for 3.5K, you should be able to find something better if you take some time.

On the other hand, I am fairly happy with mine. Once sorted out she should be a sweet little shooter.

Edit: it is a short rifle, barely one meter long after the barrel was chopped. Also light enough for my son (6) to handle.

Wife and kids love the little rifle.
    Thank you DS for your feedback. I believe that there is some room to play on the price so will try to get a discount on it as I thought 3.5k was a bit steep as the optic is even mid range.

Will attempt to shoot 50 or so rounds with it today and that will probably give me an indication of my final decision.

PS: The rifle has NOT been threaded and fitted with a silencer so that will also cost me roughly another 1.5k to be done

User

I used to own one years ago. The trigger was horrible. Accuracy was quite good considering the trigger pull. For R3500 you can do better, second hand Brno's are sometimes available for not much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't pay R3.5k for it. You'll usually find rifles like those around the R2k mark, sometimes even cheaper, depending on condition. Nothing wrong with them, but I don't think it's worth R3.5k second hand.
    Thanks for your response Toxxyc. Starting to think that they picked the price up due to knowing people would try cut them down as it's a CBC

Quote Originally Posted by TStone View Post
    I used to own one years ago. The trigger was horrible. Accuracy was quite good considering the trigger pull. For R3500 you can do better, second hand Brno's are sometimes available for not much more.
    Hi TStone, seems like I'm going to go test it for the fun of it then today:D will probably start a new thread on the forum for a good used 22LR

User

If you're not too picky, 22LR rifles can be had for free quite often.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    Hi TStone, seems like I'm going to go test it for the fun of it then today:D will probably start a new thread on the forum for a good used 22LR
    Just out of interest: Greekboi, did you get to shoot her? How did it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Ds J View Post
    Just out of interest: Greekboi, did you get to shoot her? How did it go?
    Hi DS J, unfortunately I did not go shoot her as firstly I didn't get a gap before the GS closed that day and secondly, the firearm got sold the next day.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast