Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Carry ammo for P-07 Gen2

My P-07 is fairly new, I have roughly 400 rounds through it and I am starting to get my groups to tighten up at 15m, so now I am looking to working out what ammo to carry. I got 50 x Winchester 115gr +p+ that i will function test but thinking about it i would like to know from other more experienced P-07 users what ammo they have found to work well.
    That might help to narrow it down and save me and other P-07 owners some time and money eliminating stuff that doesn't work.

User

Default Re: Carry ammo for P-07 Gen2

The Winchester Ranger T (124g) runs smoothly through the P07.

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    My P-07 is fairly new, I have roughly 400 rounds through it and I am starting to get my groups to tighten up at 15m, so now I am looking to working out what ammo to carry. I got 50 x Winchester 115gr +p+ that i will function test but thinking about it i would like to know from other more experienced P-07 users what ammo they have found to work well.
    That might help to narrow it down and save me and other P-07 owners some time and money eliminating stuff that doesn't work.
    That it works in someone else's gun doesn't mean that it will work in yours.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

115gr is light

124 or 147

also use winchester rangers but you should be function testing it regardless

this ones for brendank no punctuation or even caps

CZ's overall is not full of nonsense cycling anything. Some people will even say they will cycle and shoot rocks.

But none the less Function test is best. Not only for the firearm. But shooter as well.
    Remember +p and +p+ means higher pressure then recommended for caliber. So the difference in recoil to standard ammo feel is also critical I believe. Then again in a tense situation I dont think the recoil of handgun will be first on your mind.

User

I think 115gr +p+ will be fine, I also bought a box of 50 because they were cheap. I don't like the 147gr Winchester ranger's as from what I have seen they do not mushroom/deform very much at all, hornady xtp also does not deform very well from what I have read.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    I think 115gr +p+ will be fine, I also bought a box of 50 because they were cheap. I don't like the 147gr Winchester ranger's as from what I have seen they do not mushroom/deform very much at all, hornady xtp also does not deform very well from what I have read.
    124gr is the happy median

I shot 115gr normal winchester RANGERS (The brown box Not ranger T)
    THROUGH four wet phone books

Dunno, just find the 124 to have less snap

When it comes to the terminal performance of pistol ammo, like so many other things in life, penetration is everything.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    CZ's overall is not full of nonsense cycling anything. Some people will even say they will cycle and shoot rocks.
    Yet I've seen them fail to work with actual ammunition.

User

I get that I have to test it in my own gun, but if we share some info it may help to avoid some things that doesnt work.
    I tested the Winchester Ranger 115gr +P+ today.
    First I ran some 115gr FMJ to remind myself of the recoil and then I ran the +P+ and my group with the +P+ was better than the FMJ's. I did not notice much difference in the recoil.

I shot 5 shot at a steel gas cylinder and the penetration of the +P+ was better, some pics poster here. http://ballisticexplorer.blogspot.co...ammo-test.html

I had no problems with either cartridge in feedign or anything.
    So, they work and I am carrying the rest.
    Last edited by BEX; 04-09-2019 at 17:35. Reason: typo's

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast