Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Carry ammo for P-07 Gen2

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Cheaper than being shot in the head with your jammed up pistol in your hand.
    100%, but you still need to be able to deal with a jammed up pistol even if you've run 10000 rounds of your favourite hollowpoint without ever having an issue.

Personally Golden Sabre isn't my favourite in 9mmP. It has a tendency to shed its jacket much more easily than other rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt Ryda View Post
    100%, but you still need to be able to deal with a jammed up pistol even if you've run 10000 rounds of your favourite hollowpoint without ever having an issue.
    Obviously. But that is not my point and you know it.

You are far less likely to experience a stoppage with something that you have properly tested, and accepted as a result of the testing, than something that you haven't.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
    Nothing like a real life function test I bought some Magtech Guardian Gold 124's a year or two ago from Dave Sheer, and carried them in my P09, and then P07. They cycled at the range, but that is only half the story. We're hunting in EC in July, and my bud shoots a large warthog. Eye poke, load it on the back of the bakkie. About 1 minute later, this thing seems to wake up and starts swinging tusks around, with us climbing the cattle rails and banging on the roof for the farmer to stop. A quick thinking farm hand opens the rear, and with a hard kick rolls it off on to the ground. Draw the P07 and two shots to the back of the head the warthog is finally not moving.

Afterwards we're doing that nervous laughter loading it...again.. and I'm assured the ammo will do as Doug Marcaida says "It will keeeel!"
    That is really helpfull thanks.

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    I think Paul adding the margerine in his target made it clog up. If it wasn't there it probably would've done fine.

I'd trust all the other gel tests instead. The Ranger T 147gr aces pretty much everything when gel is used.

If you're a fan of unconventional tests, heres one where it does well :

Target made of beaver hide, pork chops, pork ribs, 8 inches of clear gel, and then pork ribs, pork chops and beaver hide again with it being covered with t-shirt and sweat shirt.
    All the 147gr Ranger T rounds were caught in the beaver hide at the back or t-shirt at the back. All opened nicely.

User

Those meat tests are useless and don't add value.

Dead meat is not the same as living meat, nor is it homogeneous and repeatable like Gelatin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3