User

Default Broomhandle Mauser ID

Hi guys

I have an opportunity to acquire one of these classic pistols, but as a beginner to broomhandle mausers about the only thing I know about them is that there are all sorts of subtle variations in them that affect the scarcity (& value). Particularly I recall references to things like "cone hammer"; "large ring hammer" etc that currently don't mean much to me.

Is there somebody out there with detailed knowledge that can tell me which variant this one is? It comes with a stock (serial no not matching) and seems in good overall condition. Last time I looked at the firearm was several years ago so I can't remember much detail, but I'll look at it again soon and will pay more attention to detail.

Any help and advice on what I should look out for would also be appreciated.

User

Default Re: Broomhandle Mauser ID

Contact me via e-mail. pconwaycleavesATg..........

User

What a beaut!! This one appears to be reblued, which may affect the value somewhat, however it looks real great! I also don't the see the safety catch???

You should be able to determine the year of manufacture by the serial number range.

All I can tell you is that is a "Cone hammer". I had a "Large Ring hammer" model that was made in 1898 IIRC but never fired it before selling, oh what foolish things I have done :(

User

Wow. Not an expert but she's a beaut!