Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: Parts for CZ 75B

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck 1941 View Post
    Nobody likes fiction or rumours of something they know nothing about.
    On this, if nothing else, we can agree.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck 1941 View Post
    the value of an opinion wholly lies in the knowledge of the holder of said opinion
    This is only partially true.

The value of a person's opinion to himself, all too often, is entirely separate and distinct from knowledge or even objective fact.

Opinions, certainly in the gun world, are clung to in the fact of objective evidence to the contrary like articles of faith. When those pet opinions are challenged and the holder required to put up some objective evidence in support of them there is, almost always, a hurried retreat to "personal preference", "it works for me", "it feels good in my hand", "it's just as good as" or "its my opinion and I am entitled to it" as if those are somehow persuasive arguments.

The value of a person's opinion to others is based upon the holder's reputation in the field and whether peers hold him in regard. That opinion, lest we revert to nuthuggery, must be measured against objective fact.

When opinions are challenged, it is for those who opine to defend them, otherwise their credibility is diminished.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

The value of a person's opinion to himself, all too often, is entirely separate and distinct from knowledge or even objective fact.

Opinions, certainly in the gun world, are clung to in the fact of objective evidence to the contrary like articles of faith. When those pet opinions are challenged and the holder required to put up some objective evidence in support of them there is, almost always, a hurried retreat to "personal preference", "it works for me", "it feels good in my hand", "it's just as good as" or "its my opinion and I am entitled to it" as if those are somehow persuasive arguments.

The value of a person's opinion to others is based upon the holder's reputation in the field and whether peers hold him in regard. That opinion, lest we revert to nuthuggery, must be measured against objective fact.

When opinions are challenged, it is for those who opine to defend them, otherwise their credibility is diminished.
    So true & wise words,opinions & taste differs & i for one like facts,don't like to be part of the flock of a crowd or blind leading the blind.Thanks for this site as the wealth of knowledge cant be bought ,experience is earned & given to those that pursue it

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

Oooh, thank you, that was like reading an aspirin into my brain. Beautiful.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6