Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Preliminary approval

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    My understanding is that preliminary approval means that it has already been "approved" ie you will get the licence, but they still have to send out formal notification thereof. It seems to cover that phase if you phone for a progress report between the day & time the licence has been approved and the day & time they send the sms.

In my experience it's less than a week, so Jurgen perhaps you could start pushing some buttons to find out why yours is taking so long?
    I am < Lt Col Visser of Bellville ( he is in charge of this whole area) He has send a few mails up north , but it seems like no answers are send back

User

That's sad so it's basically back to square one.... The wait!

User

Back to square one

User

Does anyone else have any experience with "preliminary approval"? I have an app stuck at this stage since Oct 21.

I had one at that stage for 3 months, when i eventually started complaining i was told to email a duplicate copy of my application. Was approved the same day. If I remember correctly i was told that there was an issue they had to check regarding the rifle and how it reflected on their system. Anyway i cant figure how something is preliminary approved and they still loose the documents?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurgen Visser View Post
    I am < Lt Col Visser of Bellville ( he is in charge of this whole area) He has send a few mails up north , but it seems like no answers are send back

I know this answer is while back.

Ive never seen a preliminary approval status ever.

But Col Visser is incredibly helpful as well as his assistant.

However. Do not poke the CFR Bear.

I applied last year April for a Temp alongside my 271. I had all my Competitions papers with it. Documents showing this. My upcoming competitions dates and letters stating this. I had only 1 12g O/U firearm to compete with. My motivation was 3 pages typesd with supporting docs.

DFO approved sent to Col Visser office. At one point Col Visser even telephonically phoned me to say his secretary will courier it and he is sure it will be sorted quickly. Very Very nice officer indeed,

Then month later nothing. At one point he sent email to CFR included several Officers at CFR asking why its not done. They did not reply. A week later he sent again.

Then within 5 minutes I get sms saying refused.

I phoned his office. They phoned CFR to ask why.

Reason said no motivation supplied with application.

LOL. It was + 10 pages which even he saw.

They told his office I could appeal if I want.

So they off course got upset of being asked and just went Bang refused.

I just found the WhattsApp that i got from my DFO at that stage when i enquired what it means, he wrote that it means the app is 99.99% approved. WTF!

Many years back. Still green cards. I once sold my one handgun. Said the new one is replacing the old one.

Got a call one day and it was guy from cfr. Said my new firearm is approved or about to be approved. But he cant proceed as he sees the other one still on my name. I must send proof off to him and they will proceed.

I drove to dealer and transferred it over and sent form to CFR guy. And got license.

That was the days when if you waited 5 to 6 weeks for license you freaked out.

User

I had a preliminary approval a year and half ago on 223 that i bought out of diseased estate , after about 100 days , got sms that said , application has been canceled , it was a shitty story believe me. I had to re apply ,and after a while it was approve , and got the card , so i was told that somewhere something did not add up for them

User

Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated. I've tried to be patient hoping it would be approved by now but looks like queries will have to made. This app was sent in Jan 21, Prelim Approval Oct 21, no movement since.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast