• A-Tec A-TEC H2

2 14.29%
  • Ase Utra S SERIES SL5I

2 14.29%
  • Sus Tac Whisper

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Silencer Choice for .30-06

Please assist me with my choice of silencer and feel free to make recommendations if I am missing anything

Rifle to be fitted is a Tikka T3 Hunter .30-06

I am new to silencer/suppressor world so for me I would think length, diameter, weight and Db performance are what counts.

What is the best?
    Why should I not buy one of these?
    What am I missing?

*let me know if anything is wrong in this table

Silencer Length Diameter dB Reduce Weight(g)
    Gun Warrior 217 50 ? 415
    Aimsport Triton 42S I 237 42 ? 390
    A-Tec A-TEC H2 230 49.4 33 410
    Ase Utra S SERIES SL5I 118 44.5 23 345
    Sus Tac Whisper 244 ? 36 257

User

Default Re: Silencer Choice for .30-06

If you go the Aimsport route, you will need to go with the 50s rather than the 42s for 30-06.

The Aimsport would be my pick if it is going to be fitted to a hunting rifle.
    I run them on a .243 and a .308 and have been happy with the sound moderation performance.

Banned

Please add the prices, and what you want to do with it.

If a bakkie carries your rifle, and if your purse allows, take the one with the best sound reduction irrespective of size and weight.

If you prefer walk and stalk and shoot little, take the smallest one - probably aluminum.

If you shoot a lot, take a steel suppressor.

The DB also depends on where they take the reading.
    Next to rifle or for example shooter position.

Another thing to remember is. the further you move something forward or away it actually increases its weight effect. For example the rifle barrel is fixed at 1 point to action. So adding weight on other end and moving it more and more forward increases the effect on barrel flex I believe. So the longer the silencer the more effect it will have on the barrel and harmonics when you fire t.
    Something like Archimedes effect or so they call it.

User

This might help your choice a bit. Test done by SA Hunters in June 2018 using 40 of the more popular silencers in SA, complete with DB and recoil reduction properties: https://www.helber.co.za/pg/110518/s...e-2018-results

PS: Apologies for the link to that page, their silencer is on the list and they host the article there. Can't find it elsewhere. That Achmed silencer is also a great choice for a good price.

User

Please dont forget Hog Silencers ......

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    This might help your choice a bit. Test done by SA Hunters in June 2018 using 40 of the more popular silencers in SA, complete with DB and recoil reduction properties: https://www.helber.co.za/pg/110518/s...e-2018-results

PS: Apologies for the link to that page, their silencer is on the list and they host the article there. Can't find it elsewhere. That Achmed silencer is also a great choice for a good price.
    There was report about durability issues with the Achmed recently on Jaracal.

What about a Numenor Suppressor?

User

Silencer recommendations should really only come from guys who have tried more than one. My experience... guy says to me ”brand x is the best”, I ask “have you tried anything else?”, guy replies “no”.

User

Just about everybody in George is moving to Recoil Reaper. Locally made. I have seen them on a lot of rifles at club shoots, and I have never heard any negative feedback about them. Martel makes a few different models to fit each caliber, ranging from light weight to heavy suppression. Check out his website and pricing. It is very competitive.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast