Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: .22 ammunition lowdown

I started on Swartklip ammo. I have a few 1000 left. Pitty that if it runs out, it will be the last.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

User

Its a CZ 455 bolt. Will keep in mind reccomendations on this thread and availability.

User

Chances are that it'll shoot well with most brands and great with quite a few.

Banned

All my 22 rifles shoot ok with anything, they also shoot better as the price goes up. I buy what ever is cheap in bulk and note where it works best. When the kids are shooting cans on the farm they get Remington Thunderbolts - dirt and group no better than a match box, cost very little but good enough. When I am testing own or someones ability or competition I use my Swartklip. Hunting Guerrilla or S&B HP. When the adults are playing long range or betting games (we bet each other chore - gutting each others animals or fetching drinks - or best spot etc) I use S&B. For moneys (which I really do not like killing) - we use Hyper velocity stuff.
    What I am saying is if you find cheap ammo - buy it, there is a use for it, perhaps you just have not bought the right gun for that ammo yet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Antlion View Post
    Its a CZ 455 bolt. Will keep in mind reccomendations on this thread and availability.
    Have the same rifle, I tried CCI Standard Velocity, CCI Subsonic, SK Standard Plus, SK Match, Eley Match, Eley Sport, Fiocchi 350 & Fiocchi 300

Shot all at 100m, one of each at a time - 2 minutes out of each other and 5 of each (with a 5 round barrel warm-up) - tried to keep the conditions the same (as far as I could).

Results:
    1. SK Standard Plus (1.12MOA)
    2. CCI Subsonic (1.3MOA)
    3. Eley Match (1.33MOA)
    4. CCI Standard Velocity
    5. SK Match
    6. Eley Sport
    7. Fiocchi 350
    8. Fiocchi 300

User

22's are usually quite picky about their diet. Test all the ammo you can get. When you find a load that your rifle likes more than others, stock up on it while you can get it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    22's are usually quite picky about their diet. Test all the ammo you can get. When you find a load that your rifle likes more than others, stock up on it while you can get it.
    problem with that ammo thats really good !!!! - I can seldom find a reason good enough to use that reeaal good stuff, second best is good enough most days .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2