Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: HALLOWEEN 3 GUN NATION DEATH MAYHEM GORE SHOOT 26 & 27 OCTOBER 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Renny View Post
    Let's get some facts straight with no smoke and mirrors.

This was pitched as a "National" level match with the expectation of 100 or more shooters.

Saturday : 29 shooters attended, 4 DQ's.

Sunday : 11 shooters failed to return for the 2nd day of the match.

This is being promoted as a huge success ?

Many of the shooters are less than impressed with paying R500 for this match, 2 hot days in the sun & then have to assist the organisers to clear all the props off the stages & pack them away.
    Nope. This was Tac SHAC Shooting Club recovering from getting screwed by the SADPA Exco who seem unable or unwilling to meet their financial and other commitments... I note that just as the Treasurer failed for more than three months to pay over to Tac SHAC SC what they promised to assist in hosting the match, that same Exco and Treasurer have missed several deadlines to refund the shooters who demanded refunds from SADPA.

The same SADPA Exco who have refused to adhere to their own constitution and convene the Special General Meeting demanded way back in June, and have ignored a second demand from another club chair in July for an SGM. A rogue Exco, operating outside of their own constitutional mandate and instructions received at the Annual General Meeting and with OUR funds!

What is really sad is that whilst some try to build and create, others just whine from the sidelines.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Is it a shooting match or a running match? Does the best shooter win or the best runner?

Thats important.
    It was an interesting mix of those that ran full steam ahead and then battled with the recovery at the assigned shooting point, to those that took slower jogs and didn't have as much of a hard time recovering on the line. Then there were the inbetweeners.
    Long gun on far targets are hard to hit if your heartbeat is pounding in your ears and you breathing heavy, so was an interesting balance of fast versus recovery.

I will say this much, the round counts per stage are higher than I am used to as a SADPA shooter, and the movements further too.
    Was a challenge for me, but definitely worth doing again and again

Last couple stages of each day were definitely influenced by those who were able to keep the hamster on the wheel in the blistering heat

Is it a shooting match or a running match? Does the best shooter win or the best runner?

Thats important.
    I attended the other match, but on paper these 3GN stages looked like great fun. From the videos the amount of running does seem a bit much, though. I would prefer something between this and the DMG match which was often one array per platform. If I look at the average age of the people around me at any match, I think I'm not the only one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    I attended the other match, but on paper these 3GN stages looked like great fun. From the videos the amount of running does seem a bit much, though. I would prefer something between this and the DMG match which was often one array per platform. If I look at the average age of the people around me at any match, I think I'm not the only one.
    The other mindset change was the round counts, as a shooter of the other match type, the round counts are far higher.
    I am far from a runner myself, but enjoyed the challenge of energy management in the course of fire. No point running full steam to a shooting point only to be breathing heavy with pounding heartbeat and unable to pull off the longer shots.

The heat however this past weekend was the real challenge, correct hydration and sustenance became part of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Marius@Jizni View Post
    Hi Marius,

I agree it was a bit too much running. I am well over 50 and I basically did 3 days on the range - setup took us until 19h00 on Friday night (from about 13h00 and it was blistering hot), and then I shot and RO'd (which meant about 5 or 6 times more running than for the competitors) for the Saturday and Sunday - I must say I don't feel as bad as I thought I would, and enjoyed the bit of exercise. This is only the 2nd 3 Gun Nation Match we have run, so still fine tuning what will work and won't work. I learned a hell of a lot, and will heed feedback from shooters and develop the sport in Gauteng. It is really a lot of fun...I have not enjoyed myself that much on a range for a long time. We have a 3 Gun Nation match booked on a monthly basis for the next year (either a Saturday or a Sunday) and will hold another 2 day Halloween event in October 2020 - I will start planning this one in December!! We will also be introducing 4 dates next year where will be doing 3 Gun Long Range Shooting on a Sunday - we have a provisional range in mind for this. Can't wait to use my Truvelo 308 for this. So far Tac SHAC Shooting Club has over 74 Shooting Dates booked for the new year. All that we want to do is offer our club members enjoyable shoots and we really work hard at it.

User

Someone's going to take offense to this, but I found it funny

User

Quote Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post

Someone's going to take offense to this, but I found it funny
    Im a little taller than that

User

Im a little taller than that
    So a different aspect ratio?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

So this match taught us lots.

This is running and gunning for adults. No-one holds your hand and insists on what you shoot from where.

That being said we will be tempering the running distances in future matches, but we will never go back to the '15 yards maximum movement in a stage' Fuddism.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    So this match taught us lots.

This is running and gunning for adults. No-one holds your hand and insists on what you shoot from where.

That being said we will be tempering the running distances in future matches, but we will never go back to the '15 yards maximum movement in a stage' Fuddism.
    50 yards movement with 4 or 5 places to shoot can be a fun stage.

50 yards movement with only targets only at the start or finish becomes less fun.

For the record despite my massive girth I can actually run on a stage :)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast