So about 2 years ago I torn ligaments and muscles in my right forearm and elbow. Simplest explanation is a severe tennis elbow. (Lateral Epicondilytis in the first degree.) Like a lot of hard headed fellows are, we are more clever than the docs and wifes and know exactly that any injury will heal over time.... well, it is getting worse and my elbow is getting stiff. So, end of this month I am going under the knife. 2-3 weeks with a solid cast and at least another 4 of 0 weight picked up with my right arm.

I cannot operate without being able to carry. Just not possible in my mind set. So over the last few weeks I have been practicing weak hand only shooting. Accuracy is really good, just speed not great. I am confident that I will be able to hit a target just as well as with my strong hand. Follow up shots are a lot slower and reloading is a real pain in the ass, but manage able, albeit slow.

I have also practiced with my Glock in the Micro Roni shooting left handed. For home defence that would be the way to go as I can have the Roni resting on the cast or on my arm in a sling if shit hits fan during this time. Shooting my AR is also possible with left arm only if a rest is available, so I will stick to my G19 as carry gun and other G19 in Roni for Home defence.

Have tried the pump scatter gun. Nah.... wont work. Also a revolver in single action use. Is highly accurate but no way to manipulate speed loaders. It seems to me that for a six shooter two hands are needed. So that idea will also not work.

My 10/22 is also useable with one hand only, but the Roni and Glock is definitely a better option than a 10/22 for any defence situation. The 10/22 will be handy to kill time while recovering. There is a whole family of new Mynahs that migrated to the farm.

Any other suggestions to get defense able in 2 weeks with only 1 useable arm?

What is a "cheap" but "ok" left side holster? I need that as I have only right hand ones. Don't want to spend a ton on something for using it only 2 months (I hope), but my and my loved ones are worth more than a "El cheapo". Holstering should be easy as I wont have an extra hand to clear clothing etc.