User

Default Like a kid at Xmas! My new stock!!

I've been looking to upgrade the stock on my 6.5CM, because I want to make hitting gongs even easier. I'm not a tactical chassis fan, but did have a look at the MDT, the Oryx being the closest one to what I liked, Gunwarrior stocks are also really good, and I chatted to Warren, but just wasn't exactly what I wanted. The most comfortable stock I own is a plain black Boyds Pro Varmint fitting to my 3006, and I wanted that sort of design, but since I'm not much of a Luddite that watches 'The Real Gunsmith' videos all day, I wanted the advantages of a chassis with either Key-mod or M-Lock rails, especially since I recently bought a proper tripod and wanted to fit a Arca Rail to my stock, and other attachments. I can fit the Arca Rail at the rear of the Key-mod, then have my normal bipod on a picatinny attachment at the front, and even have the picatinny rail extend past the stock for greater stability (Gunwarrior's Gen 5 does this as well), all quickly adjustable. The side Key-mod's are handy for fitting barricade stops etc.

I gave Chris at Armtec a call, we chatted for a total of 41 minutes, and then I had to wait a while (good few weeks), but today it arrived. Three Key-mod rails, aluminium bedding block and adjustable reach and cheek in a soft grey. Best thing is I can change the Key-mod rails to M-Lock in 2 minutes flat should I need to, and interchange. It's so simple and elegant, and yet so functional!

Won't be able to take her shooting this weekend, but happy as a pig in shit!

User

Default Re: Like a kid at Xmas! My new stock!!

Where's that like button!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

User

Congratulations...

Don't scratch yourself raw whilst waiting to test her (want jou gat jeuk)...

Enjoy...

Banned

Price on the stock?
    And does it have adjustable length of pull?

User

I paid R6500, LOP is adjustable with spacers. Me being rather big used 3 spacers.