Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dinosaur Research

Hi, Anyone know or see these markings before?
    A family member found it among her Dad's old stuff and I'm trying to assist her with detail on exactly what this firearm is.

It's obviously not been used in a while and she has no use for it so any info will be appreciated.

Thanks Guys/Girls19b165d3-d8c0-410a-b71d-c28762df80a4.jpgd07ceec5-9d70-46f8-b9f5-3653c82a1cb7.jpgb6ce28b0-4b1a-4558-a998-ced7c88eb835.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Dinosaur Research

Hi Nashtims

Unfortunately the 3 photos are far too vague to provide any positive identification.
    It looks a nice piece with decorative embossing, an over and under but that's all I can say with the 3 pictures.

The calibre could be either a 12 Ga or another.

Look for any makers names on the barrel, under the barrel or on the action that may assist in identifying.

Remove the foregrip, break and remove the barrel and under the barrel/foregrip area you should find more info.

The various markers stamped underneath will give a wealth of information to identify.

Thanks Fire-stick

I don't have access at the minute but will heed that advice.

User

With the correct techniques and effort the firearm can be stripped, cleaned up and retain what's left of the original blueing or factory finish and original finish on the woodwork.

The engraving/embossing will stand out and the firearm will look great again.

In general with a shotgun as long as the chamber has no serious pitting, even if the barrel has some light pitting it will be safe to fire and use.
    Obviously if you are unsure then a gunsmith is always the best place to turn to for advice.

Where are you based?

User

Apologies for my typo, the chamber must have no pitting.

Thanks again.

I'm based in Durban and so is the shottie.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    Hi Nashtims

Remove the foregrip, break and remove the barrel and under the barrel/foregrip area you should find more info.

The various markers stamped underneath will give a wealth of information to identify.
    If you can post decent photos of this area, paying particular attention to getting any markings or stamps in focus, we will probably be able to help

User

Quote Originally Posted by Nashtims. View Post
    Hi, Anyone know or see these markings before?
    A family member found it among her Dad's old stuff and I'm trying to assist her with detail on exactly what this firearm is.

It's obviously not been used in a while and she has no use for it so any info will be appreciated.

Thanks Guys/Girls19b165d3-d8c0-410a-b71d-c28762df80a4.jpgd07ceec5-9d70-46f8-b9f5-3653c82a1cb7.jpgb6ce28b0-4b1a-4558-a998-ced7c88eb835.jpg
    If you look closely at the engraving, you can see the outline of Nessie the Loch Ness monster in there. Must be Scottish or maybe Scotch then?

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    If you look closely at the engraving, you can see the outline of Nessie the Loch Ness monster in there. Must be Scottish or maybe Scotch then?
    Looks like A-R was a little heavy on the Super Spinach or Scotch for lunch...
    😂

You guys need new HD merch. I can clearly see that it's not Nessie but possibly Godzilla.
    Anyway I'm off to the US for two weeks but when I return I'll make a plan to get the FA in hand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast