Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Different Norinco Semi auto's

Hi all,

Does anyone know if anyone imports any Norinco that is not an AK or CQA?

I see the m305B(M14) goes for 600CAD retail(R6700 ish) brand new in Canada.

Any chance these could be brought in for close to the same price?

Norinco-M14S-Shorty-600x152.jpg

Default Re: Different Norinco Semi auto's

Not to burst your bubble, but no dealer can bring in stuff for close to retail overseas as a direct conversion is not that easy. Shipping, import duties, permits etc must be taken into account.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by kwagga32 View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if anyone imports any Norinco that is not an AK or CQA?

I see the m305B(M14) goes for 600CAD retail(R6700 ish) brand new in Canada.

Any chance these could be brought in for close to the same price?

Norinco-M14S-Shorty-600x152.jpg
    The short answer is no one will bring them in for you. The numbers just are't high enough to justify it.

I know its not cheap to import into SA, but Norincos land in the country for alot less than what you would think. Markup on Norincos are quite high because its understandable to mark them up with the current demand.

I thought the same about numbers though, maybe if there were a few orders it could have happened.

User

Default Different Norinco Semi auto's

Why would you not want what is generally available in the country? AK or AR platform IOW.

Are you looking for larger caliber SLR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already own an AR so that slot is filled. I have always loved the m14 to be switched over to a mid-long range semi auto. Try finding a cheap semi auto 308 in the country.

As soon as a semi auto is chambered in 7.62 it almost doubles in price. So that is unfortunately not an option. And FN fals are prone to kill almost any optic on it. so that's also out as a choice.

There are other .308 Win variants in SA that you could also consider, including G3's or even certain Saiga models.

I also believe the mounting systems to mount an optic to the M14 type rifle would be quite a headache to source in SA.

Quote Originally Posted by pcvzyl View Post
    There are other .308 Win variants in SA that you could also consider, including G3's or even certain Saiga models.

I also believe the mounting systems to mount an optic to the M14 type rifle would be quite a headache to source in SA.
    I did not think about that, do you perhaps know who brings in the 308 saigas?

User

The Saiga is still essentially an AK, so you're bound to have the optics issue anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by kwagga32 View Post
    I did not think about that, do you perhaps know who brings in the 308 saigas?
    I do not who brings them in, but have seen some at Tactical HQ, Spartan Arms as well as S&O.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast