Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default SLR Licence Motivation

I have bought a SLR (5.56) and semi auto shotgun for sport shooting and am looking for the "go to" person or organisation that do firearm licence motivations

I you are reluctant to recommend someone please tell me who did yours if your application was successful without having to appeal.

Default Re: SLR Licence Motivation

You had me a no appeal
    There are a couple of companies that help you like Legally Armed but you still need to provide the insights and arguments for the motivation. They basically put it into a nice format, surround it with legalise and point out if something relevant is missing.

Just a question. You do have Dedicated status?
    If not I would join NHSA before you submit and get status first.

What association?

What sport?

You need to accept that it may not matter how good your motivation is that you may have to appeal anyway.

The better your motivation is the easier your appeal.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Legally Armed charge a high price for an SLR motivation, but then they guarantee the approval. If refused they will appeal at no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Just a question. You do have Dedicated status?
    If not I would join NHSA before you submit and get status first.
    Yes I have dedicated sport shooter status with SADPA and SA Hunters have participated in a few DMG matches with a friends toys. I already have endorsement letters from SADPA

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    What association?

What sport?

You need to accept that it may not matter how good your motivation is that you may have to appeal anyway.

The better your motivation is the easier your appeal.
    IDPA DMG currently and 3 Gun Nation when they start up or when I eventually get my licences. My plan is to start with the best possible motivation. I believe the better the motivation the more difficult it is for CFR to decline

User

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I have bought a SLR (5.56) and semi auto shotgun for sport shooting and am looking for the "go to" person or organisation that do firearm licence motivations

I you are reluctant to recommend someone please tell me who did yours if your application was successful without having to appeal.
    I've made use of them https://firearmmotivations.co.za/ however my motivation was for a CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW and for occasional sport license, although they are very professional and informative.They are situated in Lyttelton, Centurion. I will also recommend GOSA https://gosaonline.co.za/

User

My 556 application went in last week, and already spoke to Paul about the appeal process at the shoot on Sunday. Prepare for the worst, then nothing surprises you..

User

There seems to have been a shift, no longer are SLR and SLS applications taking 120+ working days with the majority being spuriously declined. Of recent an increased amount of semis are being approved first time applications and existing owners alike, and they're taking the exact same time as a normal firearm application would, which at present seems to be 70 working days give or take.

IMO it really isn't that hard to write your own successful motivation if you have the time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast