Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: SLR Licence Motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys despite some conflicting opinions, but that is life? Still have not made up my mind
    It doesn't matter. Be prepared to appeal either way.
    For purchased Motivation GOSA, the lawyers on top of old hailstorm location or any of the others suggested which ever is more convenient for you.

User

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post

Problem is that most people feel that that is not enough to get the license. Not because they can't motivate it, but because CFR has made people feel that wanting a gun that is a prerequisite for participation in a chosen division/sport isn't enough. Somehow you need some magic words to have a perfectly motivated application work.

The FCA actually has all the information that is required right there.

16 Licence to possess firearm for dedicated hunting and dedicated sports-shooting

If you have satisfied all the requirements above and have suitable storage facilities and do not have a conviction for a serious offense you should be granted a license. If you have satisfied all the above and they refuse for some silly reason then you can appeal.

Bulking out an application with ballistics explanations or construction material BS, that has nothing to do with the above requirements, then you are just showing the registrar that you have no clue as to what the law requires from you.

Everything in your application you must be able to prove. If you went on about the super duper plastic your new Glock is made of, great for you. They don't care and you will not be able to prove it in a court with your internet downloads (you are not going to get a expert Glock witness) that, that is in fact true or relevant.

Write the motivation yourself. Use the Law in the FCA as your guide, quote it and satisfy every requirement with relevant and provable supporting documentation.

If you want to spend R850, spend it on a Gunsmith report that exquisitely states that the firearm complies with point 1 above. (Not capable of full automatic fire)
    Amen, brother!!
    Quite possibly the best post ever in the history of Gunsite!!
    Let this be the last word on writing motivations.
    (You remind me of someone I know, who preaches this very thing, and got my SLR approved in a page-and-a-half.)

So, I have decided to do it myself. I have been an active competitor since 1989. 1st IPSC and now IDPA, ICORE and PSD and have done all my previous motivations myself.
    I agree with what The Beast said and also got some good info from another Gunsite member that I will follow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3