User

Default Newb Dealer stock and firearm license question

Hi Guys...

I purchased a glock 19 gen 5 about 2 weeks ago, tried to apply for my license last week Tuesday and was told dealer stock code is incorrect, it’s still under the agency that brought the firearm in.

I took this up with gun shop and they telling me they have to re submit a 350 document.

Is this common thing? Why are gun shops selling firearms that aren’t in there stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Newb Dealer stock and firearm license question

Also had this problem it took 3 weeks to sort, though it's been said could be done in a matter of days.

This happens ..I did the same . It sits in importers code 29 and is not legally in the dealers stock. In the last 12 months dealers were asking DFO'S to submit the 350 application as they were not having much success having to do weekly followup 's. The onus is now officially on the dealers side to follow up that it is bought . The transfer to dealer should happen pretty quickly now .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

User

I bought one firearm that was still under the importers name. The gun shop said it will take a week or two to rectify. After two weeks the lady at the police station checked and it was still not registered on the gun shop. She told me to ask the gun shop to gave me a copy of the "350B" if I remember correctly then she will accept my registration. I did it and after about 85 working days my license was approved. Think I was just lucky that she was not so full of crap as some other DFO's.

After that I asked the gun shops to check first if the firearm is registered in their name before I buy. The last time there were 3 firearms in stock, but just one was already in their name.

Mine took a month after purchase to transfer to dealer stock.

User

Quote Originally Posted by rog163 View Post

Why are gun shops selling firearms that aren’t in there stock?

This is not what is happening.

A firearm is in dealer stock when the firearms is recorded in the dealer stock register. The stock register is special register prescribed in the FCA and the firearm details and all required info is handwriiten into the register.

Ito of the FCA SAPS has to record the stock register data of each dealer into a database and they must do this based on stock returns that dealers submit weekly.

SAPS are not doing their jobs iro recording the data timeously and that causes the delays at the DFO in licence applications capturing.

User

Was able to do my gun license application today, took tacticalHQ about 10 days to have it changed to there deal stock code.