Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default I need some advice on whether to adjust the sights on my P-07 or not

From my readings I have gathered that I would start out hitting left and low so I ignored it and concentrated on getting a good grip, getting accuracy and get the shot off without any flinching or movement when the sear releases, I believe I have achieved this to some degree.

I been hitting to the left of point of aim from the very beginning, now after about 400 shots and my groups having shrunk to the point where I can go back to 20m and get consistently small groups I am still hitting left with my own gun. With a variety of borrowed guns I have managed to hit low but center.
    The test target that came with the gun had all its shots in the same spot, for what its worth.

This was at 8m a few weeks ago.

This was at 15m 2 days ago.

So the advice I am asking on is for 2 things.
    1. Am I assesing the situation correct?

2. I tried to adjust the sights already by marking the position with masking tape, loosening the grub screw on the top and with a wooden dowl as punch and tapping with a mallet tried to shift the sights, but could not move them. Am I missing something? how do I move the sight?

User

Default Re: I need some advice on whether to adjust the sights on my P-07 or not

Use a brass drift instead of the wooden dowel. The dowel absorbs the energy of the tapping.

User

Default Re: I need some advice on whether to adjust the sights on my P-07 or not

Let someone else shoot the gun first, before you make adjustments. For instance, ask one of the guys working at the range if he would mind taking a few shots at a target and explain the problem to him. If he shoots the same, chances are it's the sights.

User

Personally I would mark the current sights, then adjust them, reshoot and see

But thats just me, grandpa always said volume of fire makes up for accuracy, or was that churchill? Mugabe maybe, I dunno

User

Thanks, Ill try brass. I didn't hit it hard, was afraid that I missed something that needed loosening.

Toxxyc, my range is on the farm and there are no experts near by. Ill try it with a rest to try and make sure before I adjust it.

Rest the pistol on something. This will make sure its not you. But to move the sights you will need to hit it with a little steel hammer and a brass punch to avoid damage to sight. I mount my Slide in a vice with little piece of leatehr not to damage and then tap it. Needs to move very little for your deviation.

User

I did cad drawings of the range, offset and sight radius of my last couple of targets shot at 10m - 25m and according to all those targets the sight needs to move between 0.36 - 0.38mm, that is very little and is going to be hard to measure, so I will try to mark it on masking tape with a very sharp pencil and see if it works out by shooting again afterwards.
    I may well be aproaching this wrong , just trying to work it out as I go.

User

Just be careful if you have tritium night sights you can crack the glass vile if you hit it too hard and no more night sights.

User

Thanks for the advice all.
    I had to tap it a few time before it started to move, it then jumped about 0.5mm so i tried it at that position , and it was too far right.
    I then moved it back slowly to the planned 0.36mm and it was spot on.

That is 10 shots at 8m.

Nice group, that PO7 is a shooter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast