Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: I need some advice on whether to adjust the sights on my P-07 or not

Where does it shoot when you shoot it left handed?

User

Default Re: I need some advice on whether to adjust the sights on my P-07 or not

Left handed I can get it in the general vicinity of the target only.
    I will try to get a group left handed, and maybe try it with a rest as well.

User

Check to see if your rear sight is loose. Mine was, and I didn't figure out why my groups were terrible.i was actually losing confidence in my ability. Turns out, the grub screw holding the rear sight was loose. Used a barrel Lazer to get my sights aligned and have been shooting properly again.

User

The rear sight was just loose enough to move around with recoil.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    The rear sight was just loose enough to move around with recoil.
    Which, judging by the tightness of his groups, is exactly not the problem...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Which, judging by the tightness of his groups, is exactly not the problem...
    Ah yeah, fair enough!I suggest getting a bore Lazer, and using a pillow/rest to make sure your hands are dead still. See what happens, can make minor adjustments as needed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    The first 5 shots were all over, mostly left. Then i took 5 shots ithe the righthand supporting that went very tight justbelow and slightly right, and then 5 more left han only that also went much better than the first 5.
    Overall it seems more or less centered.

User

I set up 2 gongs to practice on, a 150mm one at 20m and 300mm one at 25m.

Since adjusting the sights hitting them has become much easier.

My spread is mostly vertical, I am still getting used to the short sight radius and the affect it has.

User

Nicely done.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    For my education, what is the thought process for checking how he shoots left handed?

What information would you be hoping to get from the exercise?

Context:
    I have two handguns that are in storage and for which I’m awaiting licenses. I’m waiting for the licenses before booking a beginner’s training course, so I can do the course with my own handgun/s.

In the meantime, I have been going to the range regularly to practice with my handguns. Despite not being able to dry-fire regularly, my trigger control has improved and my groupings have tightened.

However, I consistently shoot to the left of my aim with both handguns. This is more evident when shooting at different spots on the target (to the left of the target).

I am cross-eye dominant and I believe the issue is with my sight picture/sight alignment (not holding the handguns in the right place relative to my head).

I’m wondering if the thought process behind your question might help me.

I hope I’m not hijacking the thread, here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast