Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Saiga bullet guide

Hey Forum

Anyone here successful installed the bullet guide for the Saiga 7.62x39 to be able to take the AK mags? or if you know who does it...

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Default Re: Saiga bullet guide

It's not just the bullet guide that is the issue. Even if you install it you still need to make the tab on the magazine thinner.

I installed it on mine quite successfully some 10 years back and gathered around 15 od mags, but they all needed to be modified.

Buy plenty saiga mags and be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    It's not just the bullet guide that is the issue. Even if you install it you still need to make the tab on the magazine thinner.

I installed it on mine quite successfully some 10 years back and gathered around 15 od mags, but they all needed to be modified.

This, although I would say that the two original mags will outlast you. I have boxes of mags for various guns that never see the light of day except when I find them by accident. Sure if you drop them onto concrete or sand regularly then grab a few extra for that.

so in other words just stick to Saiga mags and dont do the comversion

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    This, although I would say that the two original mags will outlast you. I have boxes of mags for various guns that never see the light of day except when I find them by accident. Sure if you drop them onto concrete or sand regularly then grab a few extra for that.
    mine came with 1x 10 round mag

another issue is cost of Mags? locally Ak mags are dirt cheap where Saiga mags are Over R1000

User

I did a bullet guide conversion and the gun runs 100% with std AK mags without any mag adjustments.

Hailstorm has bullet guides for the 7,62x39 and 223 Saigas. They just moved to their new shop in Kilner Park Pta so not sure if everything has been unpacked yet.

Any gunsmith will be bale to do the fitting.

Saiga mags are expensive and scarce, imo it is a very worthwhile conversion to do.

Quote Originally Posted by D-S View Post
    I did a bullet guide conversion and the gun runs 100% with std AK mags without any mag adjustments.

Hailstorm has bullet guides for the 7,62x39 and 223 Saigas. They just moved to their new shop in Kilner Park Pta so not sure if everything has been unpacked yet.

Any gunsmith will be bale to do the fitting.

Saiga mags are expensive and scarce, imo it is a very worthwhile conversion to do.
    Awesome thanks

User

If you also fit an AK mag catch then you don't have to mod every AK mag tab

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    If you also fit an AK mag catch then you don't have to mod every AK mag tab
    I did not have to change the mag catch on the Saiga to work with AK mags.

It is easy to check - clip in an AK mag before doing the conversion. if it clips it's gtg.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast