Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default Free Floating Handguard

I'm looking to purchase a lightweight 15" MLok free float handguard. What brands are available in SA, at which store and what is recommended?

Ideally looking for something like similar to this:
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/product-p/mi-g3ml15-blk.htm

User

Default Re: Free Floating Handguard

You can check Hailstorm for BCM handguards and maybe some others depending on stock.

User

Quote Originally Posted by D-S View Post
    You can check Hailstorm for BCM handguards and maybe some others depending on stock.
    Thanks Khumba, I had an extremely informative telephonic discussion with Gerrit today regarding this and numerous other modifications! Gerrit really knows his stuff when it comes to AR's!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    Thanks Khumba, I had an extremely informative telephonic discussion with Gerrit today regarding this and numerous other modifications! Gerrit really knows his stuff when it comes to AR's!
    Yes he does - No1 on SAPSA Log Open Division IPSC Rifle and National Colours in that Division.

User

Did you come right? What did you go with?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Did you come right? What did you go with?
    I'm having a hard time finding places that even sell free float handguards nevermind even having them in stock in 15" and MLok. Unsurprisingly, no where in Cape Town sells any free floating handguards nor adjustable low profile gas blocks.

- I tried Spartan Arms, they only sell their own brand but
    they're put of stock.
    - I tried Tac Shac but Paul and Lynette are out of office.
    until Monday, I've sent Lynette an email.
    - DSG only have Aim Sports in stock R1500 (I can't find any reliable reviews on them on the forum nor online) plus some no name Chinese version for R2500. They only have non adjustable low profile gas blocks available. http://www.davesheer.com/semi-auto-r...lok-handguard/
    - Hailstorm only have BCM in stock which I realise is top
    quality but at R4900 it makes a substantial dent in my
    budget. Hailstorm has adjustable low profile gas blocks
    in stock.

Not sure where else to try?!?

Not sure who told you we only have Aim Sport, but we have plenty. MLok and Keymod.
    Our DM4's use a nice one, available in lots of lengths. There is a US made Leapers one that is stunning. The so-called no-name Chinese ones in MLok are very good. We have various steel gas blocks in stock, cheap. Adjustable too. Best to call and ask for Garth and he'll advise what is in stock. Don't rely on a website.

User

Is this Gerrit Dokter you speak about?

User

G-J is the man!

User

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSheerGuns View Post
    Not sure who told you we only have Aim Sport, but we have plenty. MLok and Keymod.
    Our DM4's use a nice one, available in lots of lengths. There is a US made Leapers one that is stunning. The so-called no-name Chinese ones in MLok are very good. We have various steel gas blocks in stock, cheap. Adjustable too. Best to call and ask for Garth and he'll advise what is in stock. Don't rely on a website.
    Thank you for the reply. I'm only interested in all black 15 inch Mlok free float handguards though as per my initial post.

That is the exact problem with making a no name brand item that is of distinguishable quality, if there is no brand name associated with it, it makes it very hard to distinguish it from other brands and find information and reviews on it. I'll give Garth a call tomorrow thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast