Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Adjustable Low Profile Gas Blocks

@FNBrowning I'd suggest doing some research and taking a look at how the majority of professional sport shooters setup their AR15's, then if you have more doubts or questions creating another thread to prevent this one from being further derailed.

I'm still no closer to reaching a consensus on whether to go with an adjustable or non adjustable gas block?!?

User

Quote Originally Posted by pdh View Post
    A standard mil spec will do you just fine for now. And there is always a market for them if you want to change to adjustable later
    This is good advice from someone who knows a couple of things about shooting guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjorn881 View Post
    @FNBrowning I'd suggest doing some research and taking a look at how the majority of professional sport shooters setup their AR15's, then if you have more doubts or questions creating another thread to prevent this one from being further derailed.

I'm still no closer to reaching a consensus on whether to go with an adjustable or non adjustable gas block?!?
    Just a fun shooter with an OCD mind but unlike most I have owned everything from carbine to mid length to rifle gas systems. Light barrel to heavy barrel. Free float quad rail, to tube free float to carbine handguards.But yes I always need an excuse for more research.

User

Go with PDH's advice.
    Get a mail-spec low profile one for now, if your shooting develops to the point where you will want to tinker with the adjustable one there will be a market to sell the mil-spec one.
    He shoots AR a lot, and if he has not tinkered with the adjustable one then the rest of us probably won't need to.

If you like to tinker and plan on playing with loads and buffers and all those things then go adjustable one time as you will eventually go that way if only to tinker. (or if you adding a suppressor open to correction on this but it might need to be adjustable if you are doing that. )

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Just a fun shooter with an OCD mind but unlike most I have owned everything from carbine to mid length to rifle gas systems. Light barrel to heavy barrel. Free float quad rail, to tube free float to carbine handguards.But yes I always need an excuse for more research.

The question of course is what have you done with them? Because there's having a good time and there's shooting to a high level like someone like pdh has.

User

Seems only DSG have stock of non adjustable low profile gas blocks. Tried CIS, Tac HQ, Spartan Arms, Hailstorm, Bernhard Agencies.

Seems like low profile gas blocks and free float handguards are hens teeth in SA at the moment!

User

MRST ?

User

Seems only DSG have stock of non adjustable low profile gas blocks. Tried CIS, Tac HQ, Spartan Arms, Hailstorm, Bernhard Agencies.

Seems like low profile gas blocks and free float handguards are hens teeth in SA at the moment!
    Do you have the rifle already? if your rifle has an A2 post it can be cut, by a gunsmith, to fit the handguard.

did you call hailstorm? http://www.hailstormza.com/Handguards_c_89.html website shows stock on the free float HG

maybe give Duane from 480bc a buzz, he organized me a free float HG last year and was able to get a nordic arms low profile gas block.

https://www.jizni.co.za/153-spare-parts-ar-15

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3