User

Default SAS snipers using yoga have 'better kill ratio' as it helps them hit targets.

The Special Air Service (SAS) of the British Army is using yoga to help them on and off the battlefield. The SAS was founded in 1941 by a famous badass Scottish officer David Stirling. The motto “Who Dares Wins”

“SAS snipers using yoga have 'better kill ratio' as it helps them hit targets. Crack SAS troops are being helped by yoga on and off the battlefield”

“Crack SAS troops are using yoga to help them on and off the battlefield. The Special Forces soldiers are being taught breathing exercises and even mediation to help them deal with conditions including depression. The Daily Star Sunday has also learned that SAS snipers are using mindfulness and breathing exercises to help them hit their targets. Sharpshooters who have had such training have a better “kill ratio”.

The SAS began offering yoga classes after troops based in Iraq attended lessons with members of the US Special Forces. The Brits who were at the sessions told commanders the exercises helped with their flexibility, balance and core strength. They also helped to prevent injuries.

Some soldiers also claimed yoga helped reduce their stress levels, made them feel happier and had a positive impact on family life. The regiment has got the worst divorce rate in the British Army because its troops spend so much of their time on operations abroad.

One member of the SAS told us he now spends 20 minutes meditating rather than going to the pub when he comes home to his family. He said: “I would return from operations in Iraq or Afghanistan and my mind was going at 1,000 mph and I couldn’t calm down. “I felt that I should be doing something so I was either going out for a long run or hitting the gym and then off to the pub. But I wasn’t clearing my head. “I practise various positions every day. I control my breathing and meditate as often as possible.

Another former SAS man added: “There are a few of the old and bold soldiers around who are a bit sniffy about it and see yoga as something a bit too ‘new age’ but it works for a lot of guys.””

User

Default Re: SAS snipers using yoga have 'better kill ratio' as it helps them hit targets.

It is true. Exercise that improve controlled breathing and calm make people perform better at tasks that require controlled breathing and calm. It is a secret and only known to special forces and ninjas until now. Breathing is also an ancient martial art to help one survive when above water. Only the SEALs know the secrets of that. SAS is more about driving jeeps and killing people, while ninjas are more about flipping out and decapitation, and the SEALs are all about not floating and stuff. Many SAS snipers, especially the mindful ones, are also Jedi. Jedi and Ninja are NOT THE SAME, even though both will breathe from time to time, and could be SAS if they wanted. Everyone who has been drinking leaded petrol is dead, even those not shot by snipers. Getting your targets to drink leaded petrol definitively improves your kill ratio, where Incendiary Bullets are more of a decorative embellishment than an scientific requirement. Rather like Springfield feel about standards and stuff.

Also, eating chocolate in moderation makes you better at keeping it.

These are among the Teaches of Peaches.

PS, to the MODS: I know I win something for using the word "Embellishment" in a coherent sentence without starting a pyramid scheme. If it is a prize, PM me please. If it is a ban, I'll work it out.

User

;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    It is true. Exercise that improve controlled breathing and calm make people perform better at tasks that require controlled breathing and calm. It is a secret and only known to special forces and ninjas until now. Breathing is also an ancient martial art to help one survive when above water. Only the SEALs know the secrets of that. SAS is more about driving jeeps and killing people, while ninjas are more about flipping out and decapitation, and the SEALs are all about not floating and stuff. Many SAS snipers, especially the mindful ones, are also Jedi. Jedi and Ninja are NOT THE SAME, even though both will breathe from time to time, and could be SAS if they wanted. Everyone who has been drinking leaded petrol is dead, even those not shot by snipers. Getting your targets to drink leaded petrol definitively improves your kill ratio, where Incendiary Bullets are more of a decorative embellishment than an scientific requirement. Rather like Springfield feel about standards and stuff.

Also, eating chocolate in moderation makes you better at keeping it.

PS, to the MODS: I know I win something for using the word "Embellishment" in a coherent sentence without starting a pyramid scheme. If it is a prize, PM me please. If it is a ban, I'll work it out.

User

Default Re: SAS snipers using yoga have 'better kill ratio' as it helps them hit targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    What else is in the Teaches of Peaches?

Banned

One way of having next licence declined - make it known you a fan.

User

I have to wonder what, if anything does the statements in the article actually means.

They say they use mindfulness and breathing exercises, I have never known snipers not to use that.
    They use the direct words ‘better kill ratio’, and then they state it’s because yoga helps them hit targets, does that mean they normally don’t?
    They say the regiment have the highest divorce rate because the soldiers spend so much time abroad, haven’t they stated the reason right there, not being at home?
    One member says he now rather do 20 minutes yoga rather than go running or hitting the gym, does being strong and fit mean less than being flexible in war these days?
    They talk about snipers but use a regular woman troop as illustration.
    They mention “the old and bold” soldiers, what are the new yoga guys, young and shy, the woke brigade?
    During their training does they now break the elite soldiers down physically and mentally, only to fix them with yoga?

Dunno man

User

Quote Originally Posted by treeman View Post

One way of having next licence declined - make it known you a fan.
    Treeman took the bait!

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

I understand where avislog is coming from with this.

"Breathing-based meditation decreases posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in U.S. military veterans: a randomized controlled longitudinal study.
    Seppälä EM1, Nitschke JB, Tudorascu DL, Hayes A, Goldstein MR, Nguyen DT, Perlman D, Davidson RJ.
    Author information

Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA.

Abstract

Given the limited success of conventional treatments for veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), investigations of alternative approaches are warranted. We examined the effects of a breathing-based meditation intervention, Sudarshan Kriya yoga, on PTSD outcome variables in U.S. male veterans of the Iraq or Afghanistan war. We randomly assigned 21 veterans to an active (n = 11) or waitlist control (n = 10) group. Laboratory measures of eye-blink startle and respiration rate were obtained before and after the intervention, as were self-report symptom measures; the latter were also obtained 1 month and 1 year later. The active group showed reductions in PTSD scores, d = 1.16, 95% CI [0.20, 2.04], anxiety symptoms, and respiration rate, but the control group did not. Reductions in startle correlated with reductions in hyperarousal symptoms immediately postintervention (r = .93, p < .001) and at 1-year follow-up (r = .77, p = .025). This longitudinal intervention study suggests there may be clinical utility for Sudarshan Kriya yoga for PTSD.

Copyright © 2014 International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies"

In the past it was easier to kill someone because of subliminal hate pumped into the brain. Soldiers had fun running people of the edge of a cliff, or killing them as they were considered sub human etc . Today the battlefield is very political correct and this causes a huge amount of stress and guilt on the soldiers many of them crack due to it.

Yoga and yogic science brings the balance of carrying out ones duty and dedication to duty and has been very successful in keeping these men better.

There are numerous good research papers and studies to show positive impact. ( included an example from Standford)
    live out your imagination , not your history.