Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Brno .22 Model 2E

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    The BRNOs have a very good reputation for build quality and accuracy. I've seen them advertised at between R4-5K and they've always gone quickly.
    Note the CZ/BRNO rifles in 22lr are known for this quality and accuracy. Couple years ago they split paths. And the current BNRO 22lr rifles are ridiculously bad. However the current CZ 455 is brilliant.

Always make sure its the older CZ/BRNO Mark 2e. And not the newer BRNO 22lr's.

User

Saw a CZ455 in action at False Bay Shooting club, bliksem it is accurate, this chap had the thumhole one with the Ss barrel, with silincer, he put al his shots at 50m into a hole size of a 20c coin, and then played on the 100m gong.. Incredible!!

Ek soek een!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post
    Note the CZ/BRNO rifles in 22lr are known for this quality and accuracy. Couple years ago they split paths. And the current BNRO 22lr rifles are ridiculously bad. However the current CZ 455 is brilliant.

Always make sure its the older CZ/BRNO Mark 2e. And not the newer BRNO 22lr's.
    I agree 100% as I have tested them and had them all.

The Bruno is not a CZ and NOT the quality of a CZ at all.

When it was still CZ Bruno it was a great gun but Bruno on its own is not good at all.

I was shooting the CZ455 and recently the new CZ 457 in New Zeeland long before they came to SA and can say that they are the business.

User

Both my business partner, Bob Nixon, and I have oldish (10+ years) BRNO mk2s, his unmodified but mine modified (sights off, barrel shortened to 16", etc.). Both with Lynx 2 - 7 scopes and both shoot single hole, 5 shot groups at 50m (around 5mm centre to centre) with their preferred ammo off the bench. Mine loves Highland X, Bob's loves standard Somchem. Wouldn't sell them for ten times what we paid. .

User

What would be a fair price to pay in today’s market for a virtually new 2E? I never knew the owner but do know he passed away very, very soon after purchasing the rifle and it’s been lying in a gun shop for easily over 10 years. I know the gun shop owner well so believe what he’s telling me.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter View Post
    What would be a fair price to pay in today’s market for a virtually new 2E? I never knew the owner but do know he passed away very, very soon after purchasing the rifle and it’s been lying in a gun shop for easily over 10 years. I know the gun shop owner well so believe what he’s telling me.
    Anywhere from R3-5k depending on the condition and age!

Banned

If its a Cz Bruno thats new and as unused as you mentioned I would pay R6000 and then sug and swear and possibly pay 7K if I saw it and handled it.
    My price is a opinion and is tainted though, I really love the Mod 1 - Mod 2, almost as much as the old Mauser.22

A year or two ago they started moving from 2/3/4 K to the R5000 mark down in my parts.
    Its almost like everyone suddenly caught on and the prices went Zuma numbers.

Same can be said about the little N/A pocket revolvers, they were R900 to R1200 3 years ago, then they just went up and up. I see them for sale at like R500 under new price and they gone next day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2