Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    Ds. did you do anything w.r.t ventilation inside the container?
    We never went into construction. We planned an extractor with filters and sound baffles. The fumes in such a small space (2m x 1.8m x 6m?) are smelly and dangerous. The biggest trouble we had would have been sound suppression to keep the noise down for the neighbors.

User

Default Re: Private gun range (indoor) question

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    No. Before you can legally use a range it must be certified by NRCS. However you would be silly to just go ahead without ensuring that what you planned would satisfy them in terms of VC 9088. The thing to do would be to contact them once you have your plans made and ask for comments. Don't forget that, as others have said, your local municipality must be happy that your building plans etc are acceptable to them as well.

Better still, forget the whole idea! Any indoor range is going to be very expensive, particularly the sound proofing, bullet trap and ventilation.

Peter
    errrmm.... rrrriiggghhttt... No, I dont think I will scrap the idea. I think I'd enjoy it a lot once it's done, plus it'd be growing the hobby as I'd eventually want to make it a public range, maybe.

I will ask the NRCS (as I said I would) and I will ask the municipality and follow standards (as I said I would)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4