Default Saiga 308 conversion

Hi all.

Does anyone in SA do the conversions to saigas where the fire control group is moved forward and pistol grip etc is installed?

Like on here

Thanks

User

Default Re: Saiga 308 conversion

So i saw all those cheap Saigas, i did a bit of research.

The companies that sell the conversion parts aren't willing to ship them,

Without the parts you cant really convert them without maybe a smith fabricating the parts...

The 308 mags need um fitting sometimes all the fitting.

Tactical Hq are getting them in, Did my Saiga 7.62x39 pistol grip conversion. No need to move trigger

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

User

I enquired with Dinzag and CSS but they don't ship parts to here, asked if TacticalHQ could bring it in, but no luck there.. just the folding stock with pistol grip attached, but that doesnt work with the .308's trigger ( which pulls effens upward ), but it works for the .223 and x39 versions.

So i've been assembling parts to do the conversion myself..
    Hogue pistol grip, Zhukov stock, also have a Zhukov Mlok handgaurd but the barrel is too large to fit their clamps ( making a new bracket to attach it to the exsiting front pin and handguard screw hole ).

I'm still looking around for a AK trigger group ( Hailstorm said they're sold out, phoned many of the shops in PTA and JHB area) and someone on the FB group mentioned that some or other wholesaler is getting AK parts "soon" ( no names or dates given )

I also tried contacting Suburban guns to see if/ when they bring in another shipment from brownells to add the retaining plate and a trigger set ( which brownells says we can get )

I've made a trigger guard and trigger pin retainnig plate out of sheet metal (after 3d printing some mockups), just need a trigger then I can do the conversion..

There is plenty of info on the saiga12 forum that is also specific to the .308 and dinzag on the converison using pre made kits and standard parts.
    The .308 doesnt need holes welded shut or plugs put in like the other variants.
    just a bit of hammer work to accomodate the bolt hold open and depending on the trigger set you get, extening the safety "stop" or ledge on the rear of the trigger bar thing so the safety properly engages.

I saw the original trigger guard can be used, the only hindrance is getting the grip on. If we can manage to find those saiga conversion trigger guards life would be easier. Triggers are here and there. But I know that can be found eventually.

Its just getting that pistol grip on and having a trigger guard

User

What to do you need to get the pistol grip on? Are these materially different from 7.62x39 components?

User

The Hogue AK pistol grip comes with a T-nut and my .308 has the T-nut hole in the reciever already cut ( one can see it if you look from the top with the dust cover removed)

Quote Originally Posted by doobleedee View Post
    The Hogue AK pistol grip comes with a T-nut and my .308 has the T-nut hole in the reciever already cut ( one can see it if you look from the top with the dust cover removed)
    Can I pm you?

I just got me one of these and converting will start soon.

User

Quote Originally Posted by kwagga32 View Post
    Can I pm you?

I just got me one of these and converting will start soon.
    Sure