Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Vortex Venom 3 MOA with Dovetail mount

No,luckily not!!There is about a 1cm gap between the sight and where the holster ends at the top.

User

Tayls,this is the holster I am using for this set-up...fobus.jpg

User

Can someone explain to me why the MOS Glock pistol versions exist? Is there a problem with the durability of this mounting system?

This seems like the perfect solution to mount an optic, no machining required or am I missing something?

User

Hi Tobie

I went for this set-up purely because I did not have the money to buy an MOS Glock at this stage.As for durability,only time will tell....

User

What I can say at this stage is that the mounting plate and sight is sitting extremely tight on the gun and the screws have not moved at all.The mounting plate has also got 4 little pin slots where the Vortex base pins fits in as well as the two main mounting screws, so the set-up looks and feels very solid to me.From what I could see on the internet most guys that are running these types of set-ups are pretty happy with it.The sight also weighs next to nothing which also helps with this type of mount I would imagine.

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the MOS Glock pistol versions exist? Is there a problem with the durability of this mounting system?

This seems like the perfect solution to mount an optic, no machining required or am I missing something?
    MOS or milled has a lower profile as well as potentially more secure. Co witness irons don't then have to stand up like a lamppost

User

Quote Originally Posted by tobie View Post

This mounts the optic higher which is less ideal and precludes the use of back up iron sights, which you want on a defensive pistol with a dot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vetbeer View Post
    What I can say at this stage is that the mounting plate and sight is sitting extremely tight on the gun and the screws have not moved at all.The mounting plate has also got 4 little pin slots where the Vortex base pins fits in as well as the two main mounting screws, so the set-up looks and feels very solid to me.From what I could see on the internet most guys that are running these types of set-ups are pretty happy with it.The sight also weighs next to nothing which also helps with this type of mount I would imagine.
    I have this same setup on my Glock...shot 3000 rounds with it on and it hasn't move at all...The EGW system is the way to go...I have the other mount with the dovetail section that is separate from the plate but only read bad things about it after i bought it... only negative is the paint is coming off the rim of the glass from the cases but other than that its perfect

User

That is comforting to hear!!I see my cases eject without getting near the sight at this stage.Thanks for the input M80BHP!!

User

My shooting partner has this set up on his 19 with a few 1000 rounds through and has help up well, based on that I bought a MOS and mounted one it only has about 400 rounds through it and will put 200 more through at T's course month end.
    The MOS is noticeably lower, we shot them side by side.
    When cash allows I will mill my other 19 and mount an optic on it as well as I believe this will be the lowest and most productive profile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2