Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Assitance required with International watch order

Find a mate who is going over to to the US or UK and ask him to bring it back for you. You could even ask the guys here.
    That is going to be your best bet.

User

Quote Originally Posted by shooty View Post

If you are ordering on Aliexpress it will be a Seico and not a Seiko.
    Yup, been there done that :-(

User

Contact these guys:
    https://www.scottshipping.co.za/

He is active on mybroadband, you send him a link to the website where you want to buy the product from and they will give you a quote including shipping and taxes etc.

User

Amazon should give you the rates, taxes and everything included in the price when you order from them, included in the final price before checkout. Just make sure you use a courier service, and NOT SAPO, because it WILL get "lost".

User

I use Aramex Global Shopper extensively these days. If it's something I want and I know that I cannot get it locally then I'm prepared to take the hit from shipping/customs/other charges (within reason).

I typically multiply the USD price by 25 to give me an indication of the final landed ZAR cost.

I used to use Via Address for some time. Worked well enough but AGS works better for my purposes.

The eBay and Amazon shipped-to-your-door offerings are excellent. It's available on select items/sellers only though. The freight forwarders estimate a bit higher than the actual import duties and to date I've not seen a way of reclaiming the difference.

As with anything in life it's a cost-benefit decision.

User

Amazon by default ships with Aramex I think to SA, SAPO is not involved. I've had flawless reliability in terms of delivery for about 8 orders from Amazon, including one high value electronic item. The quoted price when you complete your order is what you pay, and they err on the high side, then credit you back when it comes in cheaper.

User

Putting the "s" back into assistance.
    #grammarpolice.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    I use Aramex Global Shopper extensively these days. If it's something I want and I know that I cannot get it locally then I'm prepared to take the hit from shipping/customs/other charges (within reason).

I typically multiply the USD price by 25 to give me an indication of the final landed ZAR cost.

I used to use Via Address for some time. Worked well enough but AGS works better for my purposes.

The eBay and Amazon shipped-to-your-door offerings are excellent. It's available on select items/sellers only though. The freight forwarders estimate a bit higher than the actual import duties and to date I've not seen a way of reclaiming the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
    Amazon by default ships with Aramex I think to SA, SAPO is not involved. I've had flawless reliability in terms of delivery for about 8 orders from Amazon, including one high value electronic item. The quoted price when you complete your order is what you pay, and they err on the high side, then credit you back when it comes in cheaper.

Thanks for this feedback

A question that I have is why does Aramex Global Shopper speak of shipping costs in NAD=Namibian Dollar when it is International? Is it a Namibian company?
    I am not quite sure how to use this Aramex Global Shopper but my understanding is I can say purchase a watch at Walmart or a fishing reel at Bass Pro Shop and have it delivered by Aramex.

How do I pay the various retailer and Aramex as Aramex is not an online shop is it? Two Transactions and if so how do I marry up the purchase and delivery to Aramex?
    Excuse the ignorance but it is all new and foreign to me!!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtcase View Post
    Putting the "s" back into assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtcase View Post
    #grammarpolice.

User

Agreed. Placed my first order (phone cases) with them, was delivered with Aramex almost quicker than takealot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post

Thanks for this feedback

A question that I have is why does Aramex Global Shopper speak of shipping costs in NAD=Namibian Dollar when it is International? Is it a Namibian company?
    I am not quite sure how to use this Aramex Global Shopper but my understanding is I can say purchase a watch at Walmart or a fishing reel at Bass Pro Shop and have it delivered by Aramex.

How do I pay the various retailer and Aramex as Aramex is not an online shop is it? Two Transactions and if so how do I marry up the purchase and delivery to Aramex?
    Excuse the ignorance but it is all new and foreign to me!!

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Dunno why (or where) you're seeing NAD.

AGS provide you with personalized addresses around the globe. You purchase from whichever retailer as per normal. Instead of using your ZA address you use one of the AGS addresses closest to where the item ships from.

The item gets received by them and they begin the import process. You will get one invoice for shipping and another for any duties due.

Your item gets delivered to your door.

It's efficient but it can get costly so do your homework beforehand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast