Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Handgun Champs III (Port Elizabeth)

No, you can load them tonight after check-in.

User

You can have ammo in your mags just nothing in the firearm.

Best piece of advise I can give you is to go to the safety area before you check in, check your FA, belt and holster positions and only after that go and check in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcam View Post
    You may enter the range in your car with your gun on your belt & mag in mag well.
    To make safe, there are many demarcated safety bays which you can make use of..
    Try your best to to unholster your firearm anywhere else besides the safety bays or when shooting is in session
    NO No no NB I don't agree. Most ranges have a unloading bay close to the gate/entry point. You may only unload and load your firearm for traveling to and from the range. No ammo may be handled in or close to the safety areas. Safety areas are only there for testing your unloaded equipment and doing a couple of dryfire draws etc. Always remember that according to IPSC a firearm with a mag in is seen as loaded. If you arrive for verification make sure your snapcap is out of your gun, nothing may be in your chamber. Best is to arrive with a unloaded empty gun and all your empty mags for in a gun pouch for check-in.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    NO No no NB I don't agree. Most ranges have a unloading bay close to the gate/entry point. You may only unload and load your firearm for traveling to and from the range. No ammo may be handled in or close to the safety areas. Safety areas are only there for testing your unloaded equipment and doing a couple of dryfire draws etc. Always remember that according to IPSC a firearm with a mag in is seen as loaded. If you arrive for verification make sure your snapcap is out of your gun, nothing may be in your chamber. Best is to arrive with a unloaded empty gun and all your empty mags for in a gun pouch for check-in.
    The drive from the entry gate to the actual handgun range is approximately 2-5 kms.
    So i have to stand in the open public at the gate & unload my gun?
    So what happens during that 10mins whilst im driving to the handgun range & some fool tries to hijack me?

Enter PERPC & park your vehicle.
    If you shoot your carry weapon, go straight to the unloading bay to remove from holster & make safe.
    if you shooting a different gun, keep it in its case & go to the unloading bay to make it safe...

Sorry forgot not everyone knows the range here in PE..

Banned

All good made it through...now to hope my rounds chrono at the correct factor....every 5th round or so is under...S121 sucks

User

What an awesome first day.
    300+ competitors
    300 round count
    16 stages

Some awesome people i met with some great shooting technics.
    Good luck for the final day

User

How about some pictures?

User

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    All good made it through...now to hope my rounds chrono at the correct factor....every 5th round or so is under...S121 sucks
    I don't think that's a S121 issue

User

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    How about some pictures?
    You know.... I wanted to take a few but when i was walking with my phone out calculating the number of rounds per stage, i got quite a few weird looks...

& now we are blessed with some rain. Hope everyone finished their shoots...

Question for participants - where do you find the tshirts everyone was wearing?
    Is it only for participants?
    Although many like my plain GOSA HAS MY 6 golfer i loved the tshirts everyone was wearing

User

Quote Originally Posted by M80BHP View Post
    Maybe post in reloading section your method of loading.
    My s121 load hit a consistent 127pf which i was told i should ad a 1grain more but was not necessary as i do not shoot ipsc where its needed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast