User

Default AR15 Training: East-Rand / Vaal area

So I recently got my card and collected my Windham SRC fitted with a Wolverine Red Dot and also got a 2-point adjustable sling. Bought 9 extra 30rnd magazines and 1x10rnd magazine.

Went to the range, sat at the bench and sighted the red dot in at 25 meters, and also practiced a few shots at 50 meters to work out how much I should allow on my sights at that range. This was all done with the 10rnd magazine.

Loaded up the 30rnders and started blasting away with the setting on full semi-auto.

I also, at home, regularly stand in front of the dresser mirror and sling the rifle in a few different configurations, play around with the the sling adjustment, tightening-tensioning and deployment and all the other cool stuff I see on Youtube.

Sometimes I also sit at my desk while working (home-based office, when no one else is around) and handle/fondle the gun (unloaded of course) so we can get familiar with each others touch.

HOWEVER, I BELIEVE THERE MUST BE MORE.

Can anyone maybe suggest where I can go to for good solid basic course/training to cement proper carbine fundamentals and set me off on the right path (I do not want to go through the same painful de-learning and re-programming as I did with the pistol) to effectively run this gun, because I basically feel a bit clueless and lost.

PS: Before judging me, please keep in mind: The first step to recovery is admitting the problem.

Default Re: AR15 Training: East-Rand / Vaal area

Adrian Rosslee run Carbine courses in Pta.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

User

Thank you. Any idea if there is a business name that I can google or any other way to track contact details?

User

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post

Loaded up the 30rnders and started blasting away with the setting on full semi-auto.
    That’s funny.

Tactical Defense Institute on FB. Check it's the SA one and not the American one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pbuitendag View Post
    Tactical Defense Institute on FB. Check it's the SA one and not the American one.

Thanx. Got them.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    That’s funny.
    Also LoL'd ... o_O

Have done the SLR course from Adrian. Well worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by pbuitendag View Post

^^^This.

I too have done a number of courses with Adrian (Ross on GS), pistol, carbine (AR) and CQC. They were all excellent and well worthwhile.

His range is Magnum United which can be found just off the Boschkop offramp off the N4 heading east (outside Pta).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk