Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Videos.

Default Hunting Videos.

I have occasionally been involved in the making of both hunting and nature videos, as the ph in a hunting video and as a general assistant/adviser/driver/hanger on and have come away with a deep mistrust in what you see in the final product. There is so much acting, often bad acting, and editing involved that the final product bears very little resemblance to reality.

When it comes to hunting videos I think that they are a really bad idea, not so much because of the reaction of anti hunters but because of the division they cause among hunters and the influence they have on people who are pro hunting or neutral on the subject.

User

Default Re: Hunting Videos.

T..agree with you 100%.
    The posting of a hunting video on You Tube or some suchlike media is generally a cluster f***. It is extremely difficult to portray hunting in a positive manner. Adding to that is the backslapping and general juvenile behaviour displayed by some.
    However,as a personal reminder of a hunt,photos and by natural extension,videos, are OK.I don"t video,but do so if you like and keep it to yourself.

User

Sorry T....the '''do so and keep it to yourself''' wasn"t aimed at you.It was just a general comment.

User

Photo's and videos have become a sickness in society, more and more in all aspects of life people stop before doing something, all just so that they can take a photo or video about it. In short they stage life in order to document life, the digital sickness. This to the degree that people forget about just living life.

Quote Originally Posted by pre 64 View Post
    Sorry T....the '''do so and keep it to yourself''' wasn"t aimed at you.It was just a general comment.
    No problem...

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Messor, I have been to Spain a while back. While visiting tourist attractions I noted tons of people walking with cell phones and selfie sticks and camcorders etc. They did not look at the attractions, they just looked at their screens. I just thought, huh??? They will not know what it looked like to the eye. Why don't they just look at a googled screen of the place?

Banned

This is one that shows poor shooting and a typical Land Rover moment.

This is a good example of why you should NOT make a video of a hunting trip.

I have not watched the entire video and do not plan to do so, but there is one thing I would like to comment on. I hate it when a client arrives with a rifle without a sling and keep a few spare slings for those that do not bring one. The problem with a sling-less rifle is demonstrated very graphically in this video. If you hunt on your own it is not a problem at all, however, when hunting with other people an un-slung rifle ends up pointing at people much too frequently for my liking.

There are ways to carry a rifle without a sling safely but very few hunters manage to do so.

Banned

I have photo's of animals I have hunted and have posted them on Gun Site only,and that only because of what Gun Site is.
    I am not one for displaying dead things and do not have any of my kills on my walls - I do not found what I have done attractive or display worthy., but I do love hunting.
    My son has his first's on his wall and I tolerate it, will see where it leads too.
    Now the making of a video, of the moment something lost its everything to want to capture the destruction of innocence and beauty is beyond me.
    As I say, I hunt a lot - but I really do not find it laugh rewatch save for later, rewatch some living entity loosing everything it had. Convulsions blood and final moments are part of hunting as must be admitted too - but they are not celebratory moments to giggle at.
    Thats me - thats how I am, you may differ......
    Waiting Messor ?

User

That video posted in post #7 for me is a great video showing off the shooting. Doesn't show much of the hunting. To me, it lacks the "soul" of hunting. It looks commercialized, like buying meat off the shelf. Yes, sometimes that's what people want. Sometimes it's what you can do and you have no choice. I dunno. To me this doesn't really get my heart pumping to "go hunting".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast