Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Arizona perspectives

All our hunting has been in Namibia. We were lucky enough to hunt Erindi our first trip, one year before they stopped hunting there. The other two times were up near the Waterburg plateau. All plains game all three times we came. Can’t afford the big stuff . Impala, gemsbok, springbok, red hartebeest, warthog, eland, zebra (both burchells and mountain) and blue wildebeest. My wife even took a huge giraffe the first trip. Used mostly the 7mm magnum but my 375 H&H was along and got used too.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost cowboy View Post
    I’m not a legal expert but I’d bet a lot on getting into a heap of grief in California. When traveling it is the gun owners responsibility to follow all local laws. It’s like driving. If one state’s speed limit is 70 mph and you cross state lines where their speed limit is 60 mph. You had better drive 60 on their roads.
    Thanks for the clarification, I have always been curious.
    Makes a lot of sense if you compare it to speed limits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lost cowboy View Post
    All our hunting has been in Namibia. We were lucky enough to hunt Erindi our first trip, one year before they stopped hunting there. The other two times were up near the Waterburg plateau. All plains game all three times we came. Can’t afford the big stuff . Impala, gemsbok, springbok, red hartebeest, warthog, eland, zebra (both burchells and mountain) and blue wildebeest. My wife even took a huge giraffe the first trip. Used mostly the 7mm magnum but my 375 H&H was along and got used too.
    I suppose you hunted on foot? And did you eat any venison over here?

Hunts were, out with a truck then on foot. BIG farms. Tried everything available. Eland and gemsbok became our favorites. Matter of fact if I ever found myself on death row my final meal request would be eland tenderloin, rubbed with fresh rosemary and chives, grilled over acacia coals with a good SA red wine. Hard to forget. Yeah, we ate very well. I even got into the habit of tucking a slice of biltong between cheek and gum to suck when walking a long distance to conserve water.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2