Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Glock striker Control

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post
    Perhaps only during the reholstering bit but I did see a video where fellow explains that it can be used even when drawing a firearm.
    I also saw that.

I have to question the intelligence of such move.
    The thumb and it's muscle is just about as strong as the rest of the fingers combined, and it's specifically designed to grip.

When holstering the action is controlled and slow, but when drawing under pressure why on earth will you specifically negate the design of the hand to grip something properly? I find that while drawing my index finger is already pressed against the side of the firearm, that means if I now have to press at the back then I will only be gripping the firearm with 3 fingers now.

I am no expert so just sharing my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by KK20 View Post
    When drawing? How so?
    It looked to me as if the guy had his thumb pressed on the " gadget" during the early part of the draw stroke - from getting a "almost" firing grip and breaking holster retention through to the bent elbow or retention position. Once the muzzle had cleared any part of him, he took his thumb off and completed his grip pushed his weapon out. But the emphasis was on reholstering.

Does anyone know of any data pertaining to ADs? I have heard many interweb experts say that a holstering a FA is a higher risk activity wrt to ADs.

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

To be clear, Glock is safe and the safety (or lack of) lies squarely on a careless/inexperienced user.
    live out your imagination , not your history.

What happens to the Glock warranty once I put this on?

To be clear, Glock is safe and the safety (or lack of) lies squarely on a careless/inexperienced user.
    Like most modern pistols. I suppose the idea is make it more forgiving during a particular activity. Putting ABS breaks into cars was not an admittance that they were inherently unsafe. Human machine interface is a tricky business. In theory the early P320 were entirely safe as long as you were not careless/negligent enough to drop it. Humans are inherently accidental or negligent. "Nannies" built into systems/machines can help a little with our imperfection. I quite like the idea for when holstering.

User

So then adding a aftermarket safety should also be considered?

https://www.cominolli.com/product-page/msk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ikhwane View Post
    Like most modern pistols. I suppose the idea is make it more forgiving during a particular activity. Putting ABS breaks into cars was not an admittance that they were inherently unsafe. Human machine interface is a tricky business. In theory the early P320 were entirely safe as long as you were not careless/negligent enough to drop it. Humans are inherently accidental or negligent. "Nannies" built into systems/machines can help a little with our imperfection. I quite like the idea for when holstering.
    You can't control the surface of which you are on when braking is needed.
    You are in control of how Glock goes into the holster.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Part of the testing if these was multiple CQC’s with Southnarc. The guys behind them spent years testing them under all manner of conditions.

I’ve got some.

As I said in the other thread , are they completely necessary no. Do they serve a purpose. Yes.

Hi BigT

In your reply you mentioned that you have some...
    Is it personal stock or retail?
    Please PM me pricing and where I can purchase.

I have a 19 G3 (awaiting S13 license) I am considering fitting a device to whilst busy training with various holsters and different training methods.
    I will remove the device again later.

The GSCD will assist me with technique and quickly point out my re-holstering and Holster issues as the striker pin feel (or pushing to cock and fire) is evident.

Having previously owned a cz75 pre B SA hammer fire with light pull and a Taurus Millennium PT111 (Yes I KNOW) DA striker with heavy trigger pull the 19 G3 is a new breed to acquaint myself with.

Please send me info and pricing where to purchase.

You can't control the surface of which you are on when braking is needed.
    You are in control of how Glock goes into the holster.
    To drag the analogy out, one has to adjust ones driving style to suite the road surface; to not do so can allow for an accident. I think the analogy is ok. What many people don't think about is a weapon is part of a weapon system that includes a human. Humans are imperfect, training obviously is a the key element in reducing risk but sometimes I think technology offers an additional safety net. If one trains with and for the use of "gadget" I cant imagine its a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    So then adding a aftermarket safety should also be considered?

https://www.cominolli.com/product-page/msk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Each to their own I guess. I have never seen any extensive data on ADs. I have just heard and read that reholstering is a hot spot for potential accidents. If its correct, then why not take extra measures then?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast