Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: SAPS Latest harrassment tactic

I had to go through competency renewal, licence renewal and new aplication early this year, and on top of all these I could not get hold of the DFO on the phone, so I had to drive to town (150 km gravel road round trip for me) only to find that my DFO is out. I repeated this 3 times and only got hold of him on the 4'th try.
    Then the same thing when I wanted to collect my cards.

I did manage to get hold of my DFO in the end by phoningthe station and asking for the station comander and then asking him to get the DFO on the line for me.

In the end my DFO's gave me his mobile number and that helped. I have to add that when I do manage to get hold of my DFO he is very helpfull and went out of his way to drive to the station and open up his ofice one evening while he was off duty so I could pick up some new cards.
    From waiting for him at the station and listening to the conversations between other oficers I got the impression that the DFO have a lot of other duties to perform as well which kindoff axplains a lot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BEX View Post
    I had to go through competency renewal, licence renewal and new aplication early this year, and on top of all these I could not get hold of the DFO on the phone, so I had to drive to town (150 km gravel road round trip for me) only to find that my DFO is out. I repeated this 3 times and only got hold of him on the 4'th try.
    Then the same thing when I wanted to collect my cards.

I did manage to get hold of my DFO in the end by phoningthe station and asking for the station comander and then asking him to get the DFO on the line for me.

In the end my DFO's gave me his mobile number and that helped. I have to add that when I do manage to get hold of my DFO he is very helpfull and went out of his way to drive to the station and open up his ofice one evening while he was off duty so I could pick up some new cards.
    From waiting for him at the station and listening to the conversations between other oficers I got the impression that the DFO have a lot of other duties to perform as well which kindoff axplains a lot.
    Also, it could be a small town standard, our DFO in Vanderbijlaprk consists of 3 Ladies who are available 99% of the time, take in apps every day from 8 am till 14:00 (Wednesdays only 12:00 i think) really great DFO and they do see quite some traffic, now for Pofadder maybe they dont see enough traffic to have someone permanently "waiting" for applicants ect.... Imagine if we could apply online, but lets not bring logic in to it...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Also, it could be a small town standard, our DFO in Vanderbijlaprk consists of 3 Ladies who are available 99% of the time, take in apps every day from 8 am till 14:00 (Wednesdays only 12:00 i think) really great DFO and they do see quite some traffic, now for Pofadder maybe they dont see enough traffic to have someone permanently "waiting" for applicants ect.... Imagine if we could apply online, but lets not bring logic in to it...

We had two ladies as DFO's smith and Rene

they have since left, and the new crop of guys are in

whats that saying again
    like chalk and cheese?

I submitted my competencies and license renewals on Monday afternoon and received the sms's that they are under consideration today. The competency renewal only needed copies of the card (2009),training cert. (2007) and three current affidavits. The licence renewals were on one form with Anneure A's for each firearm and a 2 page handwritten motivation with 15 to 20 pages of supporting documents and photos each (sect.15). The only change from last year was the safe inspections which were done yesterday even though each Ann.A included photos that were sufficient for a new licence and a renewal in 2018. The same officer came to inspect as in 2007 and was distinctly annoyed at having to re-check the same safes in the same house as before. Other than this it was just the same pain in the arse , time and paper wasting process that we have all come to despise. Ps. the usual ID and proof of residence copies etc also accompanied each application.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4