Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    With regards having to initial each page of your motivation, I have done so with each application I have done.
    Proof that you have been through each page, are aware of the content and it is your page being submitted.

The company I use checks all is signed before I submit.

With regards the safe pics I always include B&W photos of my empty safe to streamline the process and minimise delays should a safe inspection possibly be requested.
    First time applicants are usually flagged for physical safe inspection.

Keep copies of the safe internal "box" with fixing bolts visible, door open but locking mechanism visible and a pic with door thickness visible.
    This will usually make them happy enough and accept that your safe is adequate and suitable.

An oversight for all is how do they know it is your safe at your address...

First application for some is sticky, thereafter SAPS accepts your safe is correct.
    The photos of your safe with further applications ensures and satisfies compliance.
    None of what you do above is required by the law - strictly speaking?
    My safe has been inspected, quite some time ago, and I have a SAPS certificate from my DFO stating that it is acceptable.
    But they still want all their bullshit photos etc.
    And as you say, having those photos in hand helps with the application but are we not dancing to their tune and soon all these and other "random" requirements will be in the "DFO checklist " for us all to comply with...

And the cycle continues...sadly & frustratingly...

Default Re: SAPS Latest harrassment tactic

Pdh asks if it is only one DFO, and Plinker asks if it was Somerset West. It was neither - obviously it came from the DFO at my nephew's local station but the order to demand it came from SAPS regional office in Cape Town. Pdh is perfectly right that if we all comply because its easier than resisting that will amount to accepting SAPS right to invent what rules it likes. That's not why I recommended that we all keep log books. Far from it - we should resist it en masse which will provide a basis for class action. I advised that we keep log books as insurance because the harsh truth is that we are not winning this battle, and we can be sure that it will appear in the next round of amendments. This should be seen as the other half of the attempt to repeal SD licences, and make us like the British - firearms allowed only for sport and even then barely tolerated.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

My last Sec16 renewal all I did was write out “as per original motivation” and attach a printout of all my logged activities off NHSA website. This was about 2 or 3 years back. I refused to rewrite a motivation as these assholes should have the original on file, but my understanding was you have to demonstrate usage of the firearm as it was initially licensed for, hence the printout. The printout shows all logged activities sine the inception of the website and TBH they can check I’m not going to sit and highlight each one specific to my Sec 16 firearm in question
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    My last Sec16 renewal all I did was write out “as per original motivation” and attach a printout of all my logged activities off NHSA website. This was about 2 or 3 years back. I refused to rewrite a motivation as these assholes should have the original on file, but my understanding was you have to demonstrate usage of the firearm as it was initially licensed for, hence the printout. The printout shows all logged activities sine the inception of the website and TBH they can check I’m not going to sit and highlight each one specific to my Sec 16 firearm in question
    Hi CorditeCrazy, I trust you were awarded with the renewal? I agree exactly with what you said above as circumstances have or will not change for practically everyone?

I recently spoke with a friend of mine as he has to do his renewal and the DFO at Klip River instructed him that he has to do a new motivation and won't accept "as per original motivation" or something of that sort. Sigh.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboi95 View Post
    Hi CorditeCrazy, I trust you were awarded with the renewal? I agree exactly with what you said above as circumstances have or will not change for practically everyone?

I recently spoke with a friend of mine as he has to do his renewal and the DFO at Klip River instructed him that he has to do a new motivation and won't accept "as per original motivation" or something of that sort. Sigh.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    Yip got renewed.
    Don’t take life too seriously, no one gets out alive.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Killzone I applied for permission to keep more than 200 rounds of ammo for my Section 13 firearm, as I use it for sport shooting as well.

Pretoria declined my application as I am apparently not allowed to use my SD firearm for sports shooting!
    This despite each section of the FCA stating you can use a licenced firearm for any lawful purpose, e.g.:
    “13.(4) A firearm in respect of which a licence has been issued in terms of this section may be used where it is safe to use the firearm and for a lawful purpose.”

It seems they will retch any BS when it comes to decline reasons.
    This is why I will not carry a sect 16

Call me paranoid, but it just takes that one unknowing arrogant official and you can have a very sore bum.

That and my DFO basically flat out argued with me that it illegal

I know its not, and I know her pension would but lots more guns, But fok I am sick of the ignorance in this country

User

I am wondering now.... how do you prove you are using your firearm for self defense then? If you were not (un)fortunate enough to have someone break into your house and you shooting them, should you then periodically coax some unsuspecting bergie into your house and shoot them?

Just to make it clear, I am being facetious.

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    This is why I will not carry a sect 16

Call me paranoid, but it just takes that one unknowing arrogant official and you can have a very sore bum.

That and my DFO basically flat out argued with me that it illegal

I know its not, and I know her pension would but lots more guns, But fok I am sick of the ignorance in this country

What are you going to do if you need to shoot someone with your self defence gun and the police take it for a year for ballistics?

Will you carry a section 15 or 16 gun then? If so, what is the difference?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    What are you going to do if you need to shoot someone with your self defence gun and the police take it for a year for ballistics?

Sigh... Logic, or what the law actually says... has no place here.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post

Look necessity would then dictate my action

If I had 8 guys kicking my door down would I introduce them to a mag of 7.62x39, yes of course

But having my DFO ask me why I am licensing additional handguns, while she was telling my uncle to hand in his green card, expired white card, because they are illegal, kind of puts me in a spot of shit in my local area, as her misinformation goes directly to the guys on the street.

Did I try License the green, expired white guns? Yes. Did I show them the judgment on green cards, yes. Did I phone GOSA for advice, yes.

These guys are a law unto themselves with no apparant standard. So yes I get what you are saying regarding losing my sect 13, and yes I would carry a sect 15 or 16, but again that would be because I would have to.

I wish my DFO listened

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast