Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Cape Cobra.

Default Re: Cape Cobra.

A friend of mine Nick S. His mother AC was bitten on the chest by a black mamba. It was luckily a dry bite. This happened in the Okavango Delta some years ago. She had no ill effects.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Spliffcat View Post
    A friend of mine Nick S. His mother AC was bitten on the chest by a black mamba. It was luckily a dry bite. This happened in the Okavango Delta some years ago. She had no ill effects.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

If she had no ill effects, that lady certainly has a strong heart and mind... I do believe that bystanders would have had some ill effects regarding the cleaning of my pants afterwards though.

Yesterday one of our farmworkers had an encounter with a puffadder. He was crawling into a bush to get something from a low hanging branch and the puffadder striked. It hit him on the ribcage. I could not determine any damage or a bite mark. Also no swelling or pain (immediate pain with a puffadder bite should be present.) The man was in shock though, did not look good and felt sick etc. Probably shock. Just to be sure and because in a farm community we do look after each other my dad loaded him (with the dead snake) into the bakkie and sped of to the hospital. He was admitted for observation and put on a drip with probably something to calm him. We will check on him again later today.

Also last night at just after 20:00 my wife called me from the office. She heard my big dog shaking something and she believed it must be a snake. Well, it was. A Moz Spitting cobra of about 800 mm lay with a broken back. I got the .22 with snake shot and shot him. For his size and broken back a stick would have done the job, but I have been spat at before by "dead" cobras. They don't have to rear their heads to spit. Spitting can be done from any body position.

That dog.... Her attitude towards snakes is a problem. No barking or growling. She just go in for the kill and that is it. Have found pieces of snake more than once in the garden before without having any idea when she killed them. Is a Labrador / Rottweiler of about 18 months. The kids house dog and my girls closest companion when leaving the house. If a large or small but quick snake gets the better of her it will be a really sad event for my family.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6