Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default SADPA DMG NATIONALS

Well done to SADPA on a fantastic match this weekend.

This was my first Nationals and what a match it was, very well organised with a good turnout, great stages & a fantastic group of people in our squad.

User

Default Re: SADPA DMG NATIONALS

I wasn't able to attend this comp, but understand that it was super-well organised and run. Huge congrats to the SADPA Exco and all of the SO's who were involved.

User

We needed aircons on the range. But thats about all.

User

Extremely well run. The shoot ran like clockwork. The stages where fun and challenging, with a good mix of long and short stages, hard and easy shots to keep it interesting.

props to SADPA, the MDC team and everyone else who gave up their time to help, for putting on an amazing event.

User

Yes, an air-con would have been nice.

And to everyone who decided to just plock their ass down at the clubhouse and wait for the bar to open; instead of trying out the two stages that could be "tried on for size" with a sling, a HUGE thank you. If I had to stand in the sun one minute longer I would have died. (I would have had to run one of the stages)

Congrats to all those who got trophies/medals/bling and prizes.

'Great event put together at short notice.

User

Slightly off topic but... I would have been great if Sport Shooter mag or similar had a correspondent on the range to take in the vast array of different and interesting guns and gun combo's used in the match. There was great material for future articles. (but I understand they might have been busy...)

In my detail one of the shooters used a Yugo under-folder (M92 PAP I think) with a 8 or 9 inch barrel. SUPER COOL gun! There was also a real honest to goodness Tommygun. Unfortunately I didn't see it in action :(

As an aside; just to rub some people the wrong way: According to the score sheet / (statistically?) the most accurate HG/SG/Rifle combo was a Gen 2 Glock 22 (No Marksman barrel...OMG), a well worn second-hand Mossberg 500; and a non-free floated, non-competition trigger AR with a fixed 1 power optic. Sorry, my twisted sense of humour cannot resist...

User

Slightly off topic but... It would have been great if Sport Shooter mag or similar had a correspondent on the range to take in the vast array of different and interesting guns and gun combo's used in the match. There was great material for future articles. (but I understand they might have been busy...)

In my detail one of the shooters used a Yugo under

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    Slightly off topic but... I would have been great if Sport Shooter mag or similar had a correspondent on the range to take in the vast array of different and interesting guns and gun combo's used in the match. There was great material for future articles. (but I understand they might have been busy...)

In my detail one of the shooters used a Yugo under-folder (M92 PAP I think) with a 8 or 9 inch barrel. SUPER COOL gun! There was also a real honest to goodness Tommygun. Unfortunately I didn't see it in action :(

As an aside; just to rub some people the wrong way: According to the score sheet / (statistically?) the most accurate HG/SG/Rifle combo was a Gen 2 Glock 22 (No Marksman barrel...OMG), a well worn second-hand Mossberg 500; and a non-free floated, non-competition trigger AR with a fixed 1 power optic. Sorry, my twisted sense of humour cannot resist...
    Maybe people with more accurate guns shot faster :D

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Maybe people with more accurate guns shot faster :D
    No they missed faster, like a shitload faster. ;) I would not mind being that fast though...

If the really fast guys shot at my pace there would probably have been more than a few 0 down scores...But I'm sticking with my version.

In light of a very successful DMG this past weekend, I would like to extend some heartfelt thanks ....
    First up, to the members of squad 4, it was a pleasure to share two days with this squad, you guys rocked.
    Secondly to our SO’s, thank you. Thank you for not only performing the duties required to hold a safe and enjoyable shoot, but also for your mature and open approach to these tasks. I was particularly grateful to watch these chaps stow any ego and to listen to reason hence allowing them to reach mature pragmatic decisions with the interest of the squads safety and adherence to the rules which are IDPA, it was a refreshing approach to a task that can easily tank the match for a shooter.
    Last, but certainly not least, to those who worked behind the scenes to make this a great event, from the range builders, match officials, designers, the team in the kitchen and most certainly Mr Paul Kučera, who I must commend for running the match from the ground rather than the shade of the patio, visiting all ranges over and over, replacing targets and delivering hydration to parched participants, clearly serving the interests of the participants. This was very refreshing and did not go unnoticed, much appreciated.

Thank you once more, looking forward to this match next year.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast