Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Red Dot Optics for sport shooting & possible EDC (recommendations & input requested)

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Also, what happens when the RDS dies? Are some of these covered under a manufacturer's guarantee (like the Vortex line) or is it then just tough tacky?

Most have a warranty, these vary from 2 years to lifetime. You need the spare because on many the replacement isn't immediate, it can take months. And non of them will replace your dot between stages at a match.

User

Default Re: Red Dot Optics for sport shooting & possible EDC (recommendations & input requested)

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    Might I suggest that you head on over to the Sage Dynamics YouTube channel and check out all the reviews on pistol-mounted red dots. He really has a wealth of information to share.
    Have previously done this. Really liked his standardised testing of a number of RDS', which I found to be quite helpful..

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    In Pretoria Chat to hailstorm for the Acro, MRST for the Shield and ECM for the MRO.

The RMR has a tiny little blue tinted lens. They can be shot well, but its less ideal.

With regards your other questions

A 8Moa dot is still smaller than your front sight is, and you perceive it to shake less than the 4MOA

The Holosun currently comes with a 2 moa dot on the 407. And user changeable choice of 2moa dot , 2 moa dot with 32 moa circle and 32 moa circle on the 507. That reticle works well for some, doesn't work for me at all.
    Thanks T. Good to know.

User

Presumably making use of a dovetail mounting plate is fine (since I do not have a MOS Glock)... please let me have your thoughts on this.

User

Would it not be better to mil the slide? The base plate would lift the RDS a few mm correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Presumably making use of a dovetail mounting plate is fine (since I do not have a MOS Glock)... please let me have your thoughts on this.
    It’s workable while you’re putting your toe in the water. It’s not ideal though.

Problematic on an EDC gun because you lose the BUIS

User

Default Red Dot Optics for sport shooting & possible EDC (recommendations & input requested)

For those who may not have seen this recent update from Sage Dynamics on the Trijicon RMR Type II red dot optic..../

His testing of this optic has now reached 20,000 rounds without failure, including 40x shoulder height drop tests onto concrete. RMR still working 100%, it’s original POA : POI has remained unchanged, the glass is not cracked and all he has needed to do is put in 2 batteries (from Mar 2017 - Aug 2019).

See link to (previous) 10,000 round update (posted 1 year ago) :

See link to 20,000 round update :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Red Dot Optics for sport shooting & possible EDC (recommendations & input requested)

For those of you who might be investigating RDS like me, I have also found a rather useful “regular man’s” side-by-side review of the following RDS:—

—> Leopold DeltaPoint Pro
    —> Trijicon RMR (presumably Type II)
    —> Holosun 507C
    —> Trijicon SRO

See link to the video :

User

Sage Dynamics review of the Aimpoint ACRO-P1.

See link:

User

I still wouldn’t choose an RMR for a sport gun

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast