Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chamber chiller

User

Default Chamber chiller

Hey guys. Have any of you come across this gadget in SA? It's called a Chamber Chiller. Can't find any results on Google for SA. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Chamber chiller

Would buy a local one if it's affordable on the spot. Only items I have seen is on Amazon, and then rather pricey..

User

Killzone built one not too long ago. Search barrel cooler on forum.

User

Thanks guys! Found one at GG Wapens. I'm helping a friend find one so it's his money being spent, not mine...

User

Price?

User

R599.

Banned

Ha ha ha - and here I am thinking I am the only one who thought of that, I always hated the cooling down wait. In my love for experimenting I tried the following.
    I have a 12 v car tire inflater with a piece of fish tank air pipe into back of a doppie of the day. The tube is partially blocked of to create pressure in tube, and air come out tiny hole or two. I was told somewhere sometime that air is cooled by being released from higher pressure to lower pressure.
    I tried that a few times, even putting compressor in a cooler box full of frozen bottles. That was to complex and tedious,
    Next I took a Midas R 99.00 12v cigarette lighter powered mattress inflater and necked a soft rubbery type hose into the chamber.
    Both the above worked very well in the sense that cooler air went into barrel and hotter air came out barrel , but I really could not measure more than by hand.
    So whether this chamber cooler really has a noticeable cooling time reduction benefit, I do not know - it must speed it up, but by how much I do not know - if you want to try it, before spending bigger money take a few meters twin flex from car to mattress inflater and try that, they push far larger volumes of air than any gimmicky AAA powered pump.
    At this time I just stand rifle muzzle up chamber open - hot air rises cooler air enter chamber and a venturi affect starts, hot out top cooler in bottom to replace hot out top.
    I just realized all ranges may not be like ours here where each car is parked at each shooter bench ??.

User

I use a bottle of water and a towel. Damp towel goes over the barrel. I’ve found it to be quite effective.

User

The problem with a compressor is that due to physics the air will heat up as it gets compressed but it is supposed to cool again as it expands but it takes a while. If you take a old 12v computer cpu fan, mount it on a old plastic jar/margarine tub lid with a hole in it. Out of the bucket you glue a thin walled pipe which goes into the rifle chamber.

User

Found this one.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3770196

I will attempt to build it as soon as I can locate the required fan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast