Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Compound bow draw lengths and draw weights

fkritzinger please see close up pics on the one of the previous posts.. And yeah I was also wondering why change the limbs.. And I also asked magnum archery.. Here's what they told me "It is about the deflections of the limbs - each limb has a specific poundage linked to draw length."

User

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    fkritzinger please see close up pics on the one of the previous posts.. And yeah I was also wondering why change the limbs.. And I also asked magnum archery.. Here's what they told me "It is about the deflections of the limbs - each limb has a specific poundage linked to draw length."
    That is correct

@bowhunter Thanks for the clarification.. Really appreciated

User

Hi Destroyer

Sorry, I am late to this thread. Another "thought avenue" with regard to the reduced draw weight, over time your bow string and control/anchoring cables stretch. Once your strings have stretched then your limb deflection, both at rest and when loaded, is reduced, hence the lower draw weight. This effect, or more precisely the degree to which this can effect your draw weight and length is dependent on your cam system employed by the bow i.e. Single, Dual, Hybrid or Binary cam designs.

Regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3