Default Temporary Import - Namibia

Good day guys,

I am going hunting in Namibia in December and wish to take my rifle with.

I have done the research on flying with SAA and all the stuff I need to send to the Namibian police.

What I would like to know is has anyone done it and is it advisable? Any tips or do's and don'ts?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Temporary Import - Namibia

We normally travel by road, get temp import permit at the border. Assume process is similar if you fly. Usually simple and easy. Need copy of licence, hunting invitation and passport.

You need to apply for temp export permit at you local DFO. Need same copies okus short motivation letter. Can take up to 4 weeks to get it(used to be done at station level in a few days, now get approved centrally).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bonedoc View Post
    We normally travel by road, get temp import permit at the border. Assume process is similar if you fly. Usually simple and easy. Need copy of licence, hunting invitation and passport.

You need to apply for temp export permit at you local DFO. Need same copies okus short motivation letter. Can take up to 4 weeks to get it(used to be done at station level in a few days, now get approved centrally).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Thanks Bonedoc. I actually stupidly forgot about the export permit. I'll contact my DFO tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Export permits at the border have been stopped several years ago. The process is to get it from your local DFO before you leave.

There MIGHT still be officials willing to do it, but I for one will not take that chance.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk