Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Recoil Shock absorber for CZ 75

Good day.

So I stumbled on this Barn find. Price was obviously for 20 years ago. Bought it, installed it and went to the range.

Slide lock does not work with this guide rod installed.

Anyway, I bought it because it was cheap.

Anyone here familiar with this product ?

User

Default Re: Recoil Shock absorber for CZ 75

Used to run one in my Pre-B in the 90s. Worked well (slide did not crack :D ).

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Haha !! H, why won't my Slidelock work with this ?

User

The buffer is slightly longer than the standard guide and compresses a rubber section inside to dampen the stop. When it is new it is stiff and especially on lighter loads and hand racking, the slide does not compress the buffer enough to engage the slide stop.

I never had the problem on mine, though. I cannot remember what loads I shot at the time (varsity).

I do expect it to loosen slightly in a couple of hundred rounds.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thank you H.

User

I have a drawer full of these removed from guns and replaced with proper rods.

They do not loosen up, they seize.

They were considered a good idea back in the 80s, along with other fantastic practices, such as yanking the mag brake plates out with pliers, welding the transfer bar set spring retaining screw in place, and attempting trigger jobs by filing the sear steps off the hammer.

On behalf of gunsmiths and real cz75 fans everywhere, thank you for buying this and thereby taking it out of circulation.

The purpose was to prevent the slide battering the frame. Hence the reason the slide is not coming back far enough to engage the slide lock. Acts a bit like a shock absorber. They made some sense at a time when we were under sanctions pistols were both expensive and less easily available so we looked after what we had. The downside is that they were range only as reliability was impaired.

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    The purpose was to prevent the slide battering the frame. Hence the reason the slide is not coming back far enough to engage the slide lock. Acts a bit like a shock absorber. They made some sense at a time when we were under sanctions pistols were both expensive and less easily available so we looked after what we had. The downside is that they were range only as reliability was impaired.
    Thank you. The R80 will not make me any poorer. I will dispose of it asap.

User

While sort of on the subject: Has anyone EVER seen a cracked CZ 75 slide? (Or a cracked frame that is not the early short rail type)

I have a small collection of worn out CZ 75 recoil springs, broken slide stops and a few broken pins. But I have no cracked slides in my collection.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    While sort of on the subject: Has anyone EVER seen a cracked CZ 75 slide? (Or a cracked frame that is not the early short rail type)

I have a small collection of worn out CZ 75 recoil springs, broken slide stops and a few broken pins. But I have no cracked slides in my collection.
    I’ve seen a 75B slide broken in half at the area where it tapers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast