Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Section 13 renewal motivation

I am off for the joyous task of doing my renewal for my self defence handgun and have been told by the DFO that I need to submit a short motivation. What lengths do folks go to in this motivation? My origional was a massive document that I can re-do but would prefer not to if not necissary

User

I simply wrote " circumstances have not changed"
    Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    I am off for the joyous task of doing my renewal for my self defence handgun and have been told by the DFO that I need to submit a short motivation. What lengths do folks go to in this motivation? My origional was a massive document that I can re-do but would prefer not to if not necissary

User

Quote Originally Posted by DstUrges View Post
    I simply wrote " circumstances have not changed"
    The question to now ask is whether the renewal was approved and granted with what you wrote as an answer??? ...

Default Re: Section 13 renewal motivation

I did 2 renewals in the last 6 months. Did the whole complete motivation again as for 1st application (obviously only update the original with new dates, info, etc.). I have heard of people doing the one liner, but I hate doing something twice.

I did my renewal for sd last year, two weeks before the 90 day expiry, wrote circumstances have remained the same, no other motivation and it was approved

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

User

Yes
    A few times
    I am also one of those who originally only puts in a 4 or 5 line motivationn to start as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    The question to now ask is whether the renewal was approved and granted with what you wrote as an answer??? ...

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Same here. On all renewals: "The need and use of the firearm are still the same as when originally licensed. My own circumstances regarding work, address and marital status also still the same. "

All of them always approved.

User

What Krokodil said. Use the same motivation I used 5 and 10 years ago for sec 13 and 15 and just changed the dates. Both were approved in under 2 months.
    Don't change what worked before. Just make sure you apply before license reaches 90 days

User

The law says you must indicate that your circumstances have not changed. (Or something like that.)

When I renewed a bunch of licenses this year, S13 included, I wrote in the space provided on the Annexure"A" form: "My circumstances have not changed since the last application. I still need the fire arm for the same purpose as applied for."

I did supply 1 copy of my DSS and DH certificates, along with copy of ID.

All were approved and printed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    The law says you must indicate that your circumstances have not changed. (Or something like that.)

When I renewed a bunch of licenses this year, S13 included, I wrote in the space provided on the Annexure"A" form: "My circumstances have not changed since the last application. I still need the fire arm for the same purpose as applied for."

I did supply 1 copy of my DSS and DH certificates, along with copy of ID.

All were approved and printed.
    I have to be that guy here, but as far as I know, the law doesn't say anything about the need. I did my wife's a week or two ago, and the only thing on the form was asking if the application was on time. On the SAPS518(a) form, there is absolutely no mention of a motivation. The motivation, even on the original application, requiring lists of paperwork and proof of your job and routes that you travel with criminal statistics and all that is a bullshit addition to all this that SAPS applies over and on top of my regular application. On the SAPS 271 there are 3 lines provided to write a motivation. That should be enough. All this extra BS is over and above what the law requires, and part of the problem we are sitting with.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast