Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Section 13 renewal motivation

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I have to be that guy here, but as far as I know, the law doesn't say anything about the need. I did my wife's a week or two ago, and the only thing on the form was asking if the application was on time. On the SAPS518(a) form, there is absolutely no mention of a motivation. The motivation, even on the original application, requiring lists of paperwork and proof of your job and routes that you travel with criminal statistics and all that is a bullshit addition to all this that SAPS applies over and on top of my regular application. On the SAPS 271 there are 3 lines provided to write a motivation. That should be enough. All this extra BS is over and above what the law requires, and part of the problem we are sitting with.
    Okay, I was specifically referring to renewals, not new applications. And yes, there is no requirement for motivation in any legal document. However, "someone" (no prizes for guessing who) snuck the Annexure "A" into the renewal process without any reference to it in any act, regulation or gazette. And it is in this Annexure "A" where the motivation is "required". So you are quite right about made-up requirements.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    Okay, I was specifically referring to renewals, not new applications. And yes, there is no requirement for motivation in any legal document. However, "someone" (no prizes for guessing who) snuck the Annexure "A" into the renewal process without any reference to it in any act, regulation or gazette. And it is in this Annexure "A" where the motivation is "required". So you are quite right about made-up requirements.
    Yeah it's a bitch. A mess that people like GOSA is now trying to fix for all of us.

User

I did my renewal yesterday. My DFO was most unimpressed to have to sift through my 13 page motivation and said I should have just produced a short letter a "mini motivation", I asked him about just writing "my circumstances have not changed" and received a snort and a "that is a really kak idea" so it seems that the right hand dosnt know what the left is doing and the head is somewhere else all together.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-stick View Post
    The question to now ask is whether the renewal was approved and granted with what you wrote as an answer??? ...
    I renewed mine semi recently (beginning of the year) , and wrote the same. Was approved and renewed without issue.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Fair play with the short motivations, their content and the licence approvals.

I personally leave all paperwork to the company I use, pick up my renewal pack and submit...
    Same goes for my new applications...
    Saves my time, most headaches and minimises running around.

They keep informed on current requirements and trends and adapt as necessary.

At the end of the day whichever way works and is approved, great.
    Getting the licence is important.

Each DFO has a different opinion and interpretation as we know, each area under the DFO gets run their way.

As long as the application is accepted and moves on to CFR in the shortest possible time and doesn't linger in their office until they decide to send it is the important part.

As with everything in life...
    Everyone has their own opinions and is entitled to those opinions.
    Just as everyone has their own set ways and their own ways of doing things.

As long as it works and the success is there.

User

Fair play with the short motivations, their content and the licence approvals.

I personally leave all paperwork to the company I use, pick up my renewal pack and submit...
    Same goes for my new applications...
    Saves my time, most headaches and minimises running around.

They keep informed on current requirements and trends and adapt as necessary.

At the end of the day whichever way works and is approved, great.
    Getting the licence is important.

Each DFO has a different opinion and interpretation as we know, each area under the DFO gets run their way.

As long as the application is accepted and moves on to CFR in the shortest possible time and doesn't linger in their office until they decide to send it is the important part.

As with everything in life...
    Everyone has their own opinions and is entitled to those opinions.
    Just as everyone has their own set ways and their own ways of doing things.

As long as it works and the success is there.
    Renewals don't go to CFR. They are done at the provincial DFO's office.

So far, no decisions are made about reasons for renewal. If you comply with the minimum requirements, they get processed.

Don't give them ideas...

User

Very true, apologies.
    Renewals are at DFO level and have a quick turnaround time for approval, only time drag is the licence card.

My CFR reference was to new applications being submitted.

User

Very true, apologies.
    Renewals are at DFO level and have a quick turnaround time for approval, only time drag is the licence card.

My CFR reference was to new applications being submitted.

I think it's approved at Provincial level, not DFO level. Am I correct?

User

i need to do my S13 renewal soon, it will be my first renewal ill be doing.

whats the necessary documents that i need, this is what i have so far.

518a Saps form
    id copy
    2 x id photos
    proof of res
    comp cert
    training cert
    short motivation

Is this sufficient or do I need all my membership,dss, endorsement documents as well?
    Last edited by Imo_P07; 14-11-2019 at 10:03. Reason: More Info

User

My wife needed to renew her competency as well, along with photos of her safe and two character motivation forms, one being me who had to fill it in and one being someone else, not family.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast