Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    User

Default Re: Article: "Argument ends in deadly shooting at Klerksdorp car dealership"

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    In the few cases I have had to recover money from a bust customer, there have only been two winners, the fucker going bust and the debt collector. I wish it was as easy as you make it sound.

But yes, I agree with you. I can just understand why people are getting as frustrated as they are.
    Debt collectors are 100% useless. All they can basically do is make phone calls and send letters of demand in the hopes of scaring/wearing down the debtor into paying (in short bluffing and making empty threats). Get an attorney or, if the amount owed is small enough, issue summons out of the Small Claims Court. It costs nothing.

User

Default Re: Article: "Argument ends in deadly shooting at Klerksdorp car dealership"

Signs of the times.

Phone the police, and either they don’t respond or straight up tell you there are no vehicles avail.
    Catch people on your farm stealing, take them to the police, ask the police the next day where they are?
    Corruption rife from the top down, in all forms of government.
    A police service that is actively targeting firearm owners.

The list is long, but what this does is create the sense of helplessness in people, and couple this with stress and you will see more and more of these incidents happening. People see something wrong and instead of using the lawful means they snap and take matters into their own hands. And we are all judgemental, just wait till they flat out ban firearms and then we will see who is the model citizens here.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    Debt collectors are 100% useless. All they can basically do is make phone calls and send letters of demand in the hopes of scaring/wearing down the debtor into paying (in short bluffing and making empty threats). Get an attorney or, if the amount owed is small enough, issue summons out of the Small Claims Court. It costs nothing.
    African bank or some of the sort sent two "heavy boeta's" to our office to look for one of our staff

AFter they played good cop and heavy breker, they demanded to know which site my staff were on so they could visit him (private residence)

I mean what does my business have to do with a staffs private loan from a bank

Anyways we had to tell the manne to leave, seems they weren't too familiar with people telling them to piss off

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    African bank or some of the sort sent two "heavy boeta's" to our office to look for one of our staff

AFter they played good cop and heavy breker, they demanded to know which site my staff were on so they could visit him (private residence)

I mean what does my business have to do with a staffs private loan from a bank

Anyways we had to tell the manne to leave, seems they weren't too familiar with people telling them to piss off
    African Bank has been involved in a lot of unsavory activities. They were fined R 20 million in 2013 and had to write of millions of rands in loans after it transpired that they had extended credit recklessly. Hiring thugs to collect debts comes as a shock to me, but not as a surprise. Any other bank would have instructed an attorney, send a Section 129 Notice and issued summons against the debtor.

Only the sheriff is allowed to attach property legally, with a warrant issued by a Court. If idiots like these set foot on my premises, I would tell them to voetsek or I would call the police to arrest them (trespassing and intimidation). They may talk tough, but, as the old saying goes, hulle poep harder as wat hulle slaan.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Johann du Toit View Post
    African Bank has been involved in a lot of unsavory activities. They were fined R 20 million in 2013 and had to write of millions of rands in loans after it transpired that they had extended credit recklessly. Hiring thugs to collect debts comes as a shock to me, but not as a surprise. Any other bank would have instructed an attorney, send a Section 129 Notice and issued summons against the debtor.

Only the sheriff is allowed to attach property legally, with a warrant issued by a Court. If idiots like these set foot on my premises, I would tell them to voetsek or I would call the police to arrest them (trespassing and intimidation). They may talk tough, but, as the old saying goes, hulle poep harder as wat hulle slaan.
    Well in the motor industry

Black listed clients were offered a "personal loan" up to 140k at like 20% interest, by african bank

Then people wonder why the collapsed, my staff say the owe money, but with the lack of a physical address they get away with it
    from TVs to couches to loans

and heres me with propety, assets and battled to get a credit card

Then there’s a microlender in Pta (not sure if the rat bastards still exist) that gave out loans to the uninformed at ridiculous interest rates. Highest I’ve seen was 120%.
    When it would go to court for debt collection they would suddenly have documents claiming the legal interest rate.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Then there’s a microlender in Pta (not sure if the rat bastards still exist) that gave out loans to the uninformed at ridiculous interest rates. Highest I’ve seen was 120%.
    When it would go to court for debt collection they would suddenly have documents claiming the legal interest rate.
    Plenty scum out there

NCA doesn't do much when its not enforced

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7